Bars breaking off of cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateinspace

I ♥ Willow :)
I have the superpet ferret cage (http://s.petco.com/assets/product_images/0/045125602487C.jpg) for my chinchilla Willow (with the original shelves taken out and replaced with wooden shelves of course) and when he chews on certain bars the welding releases and the bar comes free, meaning he's running around my room at 3 in the morning. This has happened on 3 bars on one side and one on the other. For now, I have turned his cage sideways so the side with the 3 free bars are up against the wall which stops him for now and the other side I covered with one of the wooden shelves this morning at 3 am. :/ Most likely he's going to break more off in the future so I'd like to know how to solve this problem. Does anyone know how to fix these bars? Thanks for reading :)

Nope :/ I had a superpet for my first cage too and the same thing happened to me. You really need to get a new cage. Even with the bars up against the wall, it's extremely unsafe. He could easily get strangled trying to squeeze out of there. I recommend a ferret nation. They are much sturdier.

Maybe you could get some chicken fence or wire mesh fence to wrap around his cage until you can get a better one, if need be. Those aren't the sturdiest cages as you probably already know.

Thinking about it.. I'm actually not sure what the wire stuff is called. I know some people use it to wrap there cages in if they have little kits or chins that can escape through the bars. Hope someone can clear up what I"m talking about!

Hope he doesn't chew and break more bars and get out, it's dangous!

Latest posts

Back