Barking for attention

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxYukai

Right now my little boy has literally been screaming for attention for an hour. Every time I leave him alone he barks at me almost frantically. When I go over to him he's perfectly fine. He's never done this before! He just sits in a corner and barks at me until I go over.

Any suggestions as to why he's doing this or how to stop it? Poor baby, he's scaring me.

I doubt there's anything wrong with him. If anything, he's training you to come to him. I have a few that do that too. Hopefully he'll get over it and shouldn't do it too frequently.

I agree with javachin, he is most likely training you. Children do this too. When they realise you are going to rush in if they are crying or screaming or whatever, they will use that to manipulate you. Hee hee. It's hard to resist though!

My girls do that if I'm late to feed them or playtime. If you have feeding time at a certain time every day, they'll start expecting it and that might cause some barking. But it sounds like he's barking to train you, like the above posts say lol

Latest posts

Back