Balls near genitalia on male. Please respond with ideas ):

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutumnCT

CaidensMomma
Hello, this is my 4th chinchilla, and 1st male. I noticed that my chin has these (for lack of better word) balls next to his genitals. After doing my research, the testicles are under the skin not so prominent to see. I was wondering if any one has seen these before and if this is anything serious. Still taking him to the vet to be sure, but I love hearing from other owners.
And side note, please just disregard the chin poo. Haha he is such a stinker. I just wanted a clear pic.
Also I'm having trouble posting more than one picture but this one shows both balls.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 72
Those are in fact his testicles. They can pull them up in their body or let them hang like you see in the picture. No need for the vet visit. ;)

Thank you guys. K really appreciate your replies. I'm glad it isn't anything to worry about.

Absolutely normal. I have noticed that my males will let theirs hang down when a female is around. Don't know that the point is but I let them do their thing. Lol.

Steven
CCChins

Latest posts

Back