bald spot new.chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pnutz

Hey guys i just got my two chins on the 17 of May. They seem really happy playing and bondi ng with me. They run on me during their 10 15 playtime and always come to my hand and run it..i noticed a bald spot 3 days ago by dez (ebony) eye..i saw him pkaying with that area after drinking water..idk if it got wet..shoukd i be worried or wait a little bit to see how it goes..miles (violet)chin is perfectly fine..temp is 68 degrees and.humidity always between 60 70..any advice would be helpful..

Attachments

• 20140526_150824.jpg
    20140526_150824.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 36
I would wait it out my chin had a bald spot on his tail hair grew right back

there is a chance it is fungus. Put some Desenex (athletes foot powder) in their dust and dust three times a week for a couple weeks.

I know that Desenex works for some people, but for me I prefer to treat with Blu-Kote. Put Blu-Kote on twice a day for five days and it should take care of it. That would be a very unusual place to have a fur slip or to have fur pulled out unless they were fighting. I agree with Barb that it could be fungus. Either way, dust or Blu-Kote, it won't hurt to treat him.

Back