bailey is getting so big

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
my little frenchie is growing up into such a cute little girl. She is now 16 pounds and is 6 months old tomorrow!!! She brings so much joy to me and my boyfriends life and even though I didnt want a black frenchie since everyone seems to think she is a boston terrier lol I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!

Bailey outside on the porch. She is IMPOSSIBLE to get good pics of. She is anti camera lol
baileyoutside.jpg

Bailey in her pink fuzzy hoodie :) Its to small for her now and I cant find a sweater half as cute as that one!
baileyfuzzy.jpg

Bailey and Angel
angelandbailey.jpg

bailey on the top corner of the couch. The pic didnt come out good because it was taken by my mom on her cell phone but it was so cute. She has on a aberdoggie and fetch hoodie! lol
baileycouch.jpg

O I cant!! She gets so many smoochies now that she got the growth removed off her lip. She is such a baby and she knows she is spoiled. When I go to put her hoodie on in the morning to let her outside she rolls onto her back and lets me dress her then she jumps rite back up when I am done!

My mom finally got her leash broke, She was horrible. My mom fought with her for 3 hours in the yard one day. By the time they got done my poor baby was just exhausted from fighting all day on the leash. She now walks great but she tucks her hiney when we are using it on her. Makes me feel so bad but she has to get over it :(

No. Maybe I worded that wrong LOL. Bailey flipped ,screamed, and fought the leash while my mom stood in one spot until Bailey would stop. Then my mom would step forward and by that time the process would start all over again. Bailey is just a very sensative dog. she gets so easily upset and hurt mentally that she gets upset when we put the leash on her even though she walks so great on it . Mom has her to wear if you pop the choke chain lightly she will stop walking ahead and will heel next to you until you are ready to proceed again. She does amazing, she just is so timid when we have her on it.

That makes more sense, though I'm curious why you're using a choke chain on such a small dog. It could cause serious damage if pulled a smidgeon too hard or in the wrong direction. I'd stick to a normal collar and leash to avoid accidental injury. Choke chains can definitely be necessary in larger dogs, when their strength practically overpowers your own, but in small dogs there's no need for that extra oomph. I'm glad the training is working for you, but you may want to Google "positive reinforcement leash training" to find some other methods to aid the process and minimize her stress. When training any animal, you want to build trust, not instill fear. If she's afraid she won't be able to breathe if she screws up, that's a problem you'll want to address.

It is a very fine choke chain, almost as tiny as a show chain ,nothing over board or heavy. She is leash broke now, she just is scared of the leash because that's how her personality is. She gets her feelings hurt so easily. My mom use to breed boxers and that's how every one of our dogs was leash broke using that method. my mom was taught to do that by her co breeder at the time who went to akc shows all over the united states showing her own dogs..a dog can only blame itself for fighting a leash and if they do not learn not to fight the leash they normaly will not walk on it properly either. Bailey walks on side me at all times and if she walks ahead the leash is gently popped and she heels and we stop . Then we proceed again .

Oh, okay! You said choke chain, so I didn't think show chain at all.

Sorry ! My wonderful clarification skills I have LOL. I think they are all considered choke chains ( I may be wrong ) but we only use the tiny ones. Our 80 pound boxer walks on one the same size as what we use on Bailey LOL. He is just a good boy :)

Latest posts

Back