bag balm

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

Is this the bag balm I hear so much about on the forum? Those ingredients sound scary so, I just want to make sure I have the right one before I buy it. My chins feet are getting really dry. They seem to be bothering her alot tonight. I usually use Vaseline, but that's clearly not enough. Thank you!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160204_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20160204_0001.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
That's the stuff, it's basically Vaseline with antiseptic in in, you don't need a lot, just a thin smearing. Another option if you really don't want to add chemicals to the chin's feet is buy vitamin E caplets and poke a hole in the pill and rub that on the feet. But really the ingredients are 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate which is an antiseptic, petroleum jelly (Vaseline), and lanolin which is a natural oily substance produced by sheep to waterproof their wool, it is used as most ointments.

I used bag balm once and it worked over night. Its a miracle worker. Granted my chin's feet were a little dry, probably not as bad as your chins, but I was surprised by how fast it worked.

I've tried vitamin e oil and she hates it worse than the Vaseline. She licks her feet until its off. I'm worried she may have even bitten her foot to get rid of it :( I don't care for it either, it's to sticky. Her feet are really bothering her so I hope this stuff is as good as I hear it is. I feel terrible. I'm also buying perches as I've heard that helps their feet since flat surfaces are unnatural. Thank you so much for your input!

Bag balm works on EVERYTHING. I use that stuff on literally everyone in the house. People pets, doesn't matter. Just don't cost it on thick.

Bag balm works on EVERYTHING. I use that stuff on literally everyone in the house. People pets, doesn't matter. Just don't cost it on thick.

Me too! I've used it on me, my chins, and my dogs.

My chin tends to get dry ears and bag balm is wonderful for them! It's also the only thing that seems to help my hands during winter.

Back