Bad Smell While Cleaning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatrye

Right, so I've just started my oven's Self-Cleaning cycle and the smell seems to have drifted into the room where my little Chinchilla was. My Fiance noticed him rubbing his nose Excessively, so we moved him to a different room away from the smell. He's doing a lot better since we've moved him and I have the Air Purifier close to his cage to help relieve the smell. Are there any symptoms I should watch for in case he gets any illness from this ordeal?

Phew, alright, all is well with my little sweetheart; I think we got him out of the awful smell early enough to where it didn't cause any damage. He's happily bouncing around his temporary room with no signs of breathing problems! :handstogether:

Usually stuff like that doesn't do physical harm to mammals. Just a little discomfort from the smell in the air. Super heating nonstick surfaces can kill birds though. They are very sensitive to oxygen concentrations in the air.

Yeah, I just worry about him so much. ^^ The first time I got him home from the pet store, he had an upper respiratory infection so I had to take him back a day later; I get So super scared when I see him rub his nose a lot, or sneeze too many times because I would hate for him to have any illness. He's back to his usual, hyper self, so I think everything has passed. :)

Latest posts

Back