Bad new from the vet for Boing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiaSpice

Wheel Cleaner X2
My ex (Mr_Boing) and I brought Boing back to the vet as she suggested to monitor his tooth, he was also eating less and beeing less active. It got worst. It's not just a clipping he needs, but a big tooth job. He has spurs and elongation, in fact he has everything but the roots growing up.

We saw a drifferent Dr that helped set up a rodent dentistry department at the vet faculty and the vet hospital we go. Sadly, he has the "uglyest" mouth he's ever seen.

He did some filing and more extensive thing than last time. Poor Boing was so stressed out but he gave Metacam and seemed fine. He suggested us we would come back in a couple of weeks for an extensive pocedure. He would put him under anastesia and fix things up. He's suposed to send my ex a quote. I'm a bit scared of what the price may be because none of us has the money for that. Of course this would only fix his tooth for maybe 6 months...

We know that the rainbow brige is closer. I can see he's not the happy bouncy chinchilla he used to be. Looks like the decision is a lot closer than we tought. My ex didn't took it well, he's so sad that he's going to loose him very soon and I'm sad too, even if I do prefer my hedgie, he meant a lot to me.

Karine,
I'm sorry to hear this about Boing. I know you cared about him a great deal! Even if he was a chin! I think it's nice too that you and your ex took him to the vet together. I will wish for good things for Boing until he crosses the bridge.

I'm so sorry, Karine. It is so difficult to say goodbye, even when you know it's the kindest thing you can do for them.

Karine,
I'm sorry to hear this about Boing. I know you cared about him a great deal! Even if he was a chin! I think it's nice too that you and your ex took him to the vet together. I will wish for good things for Boing until he crosses the bridge.

I think taking him to the vet with him is the least I could do. He doesn't have a car and a cab would be costly, and public transit would be way too hot. Plus my car has a/c wich is even better.

My ex told me to come and visit him anytime, I'll take loads of picture and video. He's gonna have extra rosehips... if he wants them (he was aparently refusing them before the visit).

After quetting the quote, we'll try to compare with the price of the vet faculty if it's a bit cheaper. In the mean time, it's all about spending most of the time with him and try to "convince" my ex that letting him go before he suffers/stresses too much is the best gift we can do.

Sorry Karine For Mr. Boing, I hope things will work out for the vet. Which vet faculty are you writing about. St Hyacinthe?

sorry. :(
i am going thru a similar situation with my richie. his initial visit was in march and diagnosed with malo from another vet i think in late april or may. he is still around, holding his own, but i do have to hand feed him 3 times a day and give him meds. he is still not his bouncy self. but he is sweet and has some very good days. he is my needy little sweetpea and i know he wont be with me long but while he is i will give him the best life i can.

Poor little guy. I'm so sorry to hear what his diagnosis is. Spend as much time as you can with him and take all those pictures you plan to.

Just as a comment, perhaps if the vet needs to do an extensive trimming and so on, once he gets that in order, the other trims may be more routine and a lot less expensive. He may need the initial one to get things the way they should be, then just burrings here or there to take a point off.

Poor little guy. I'm so sorry to hear what his diagnosis is. Spend as much time as you can with him and take all those pictures you plan to.

Just as a comment, perhaps if the vet needs to do an extensive trimming and so on, once he gets that in order, the other trims may be more routine and a lot less expensive. He may need the initial one to get things the way they should be, then just burrings here or there to take a point off.

No he said he would need thos extensive trimming (beeing under anestesia) 2 times a year and on top of that "small" trimmings. We both felt bad when he said it was his worst ever case and this guy is really an expert on tooth and he did praticed and tough studens in London (UK).

Back