Bacteria in Vulva & bedding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes �� thank you. Her droppings are going back and forth from normal color to light brown. Some are really good looking and some are pretty concerning, but its going back and forth. I think I'll wait it out.

So, I weigh them every Monday before playtime. Tiquita is 1lb 7.9oz. Last Monday she was 1lb 9.2oz :( she plays normally, still runs on her wheel, eats hay everytime I put more into the cage and has began eating pellets again. I dont understand :( we're going to the vet in the morning.

The Monday before she got sick she was 1lb 10oz.
The following Monday she was 1lb 9.6oz, that's the day she went to the vet and started baytril.

Its easier to track weight when its done in grams-does your scale change to grams? It looks like a 40 gram loss which is not horrible in a 670 grams chin. Always if you feel she needs to be seen get her seen but the vet may not do much with that loss.

Thank you, I was thinking maybe it was because I stopped giving critical care after i saw her begin eating pellets again . It just seems like so much weight when she was up to 1lb 11oz at one point. She has been eating her poop a lot more lately is that something I should be concerned about? They play an hour every day and lately I can't get a look at any of her droppings because she's eating them so much.
When I first started weighing them I was using ounces, but ounces fluctuate so much I got scared everytime I weighed them haha. You're right though, I will go back to grams and hold off on the vet since she has no other symptoms.

I really appreciate all of your help!

Baytril wreaks such havoc on the digestive system that the gut balance is thrown off and they will eat more of the cecotropes due to not using all the nutrients the first time.

Back