Backwards bonding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadebf700

It is possible for bonding to take steps backwards?

I am pretty sure that Buddy is mad at me for being away for five days. Brian didn't change his cage or give him his dust bath on his normal day.

He also has taken to peeing on Brian. He has not done it to me and until recently, hadn't done it to Brian. He still doesn't pee on me (which is nice) but I don't know how to get him to stop doing it or if I things will go back to how they were. Brian is just very discouraged and doesn't really want to spend time with him if he is going to get peed on.

While he doesn't pee on me, he does tend to bite me more. I have no idea what this is about!

It's possible that he's angry that you left him and he's acting out. I would leave him in his cage unless you are putting him straight in the play area until he settles down a bit and gets back into his normal routine. Sometimes chins aren't affected by anything, and other times you think they can't get more neurotic. You just need to have patience and you may need to start from scratch with the whole bonding process.

It's very possible. Hopefully as you get back in a routine again and you're around again, that will stop. Try and be patient.

Back