Back Sleepers?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

Sometimes I find myself going upstairs or waking up to Milo sleeping on her back. Do any of your chins do this? Everytime I walk into my room she gets right up and comes to the cage. I just wanna make sure nothings wrong.

Flea rolls over on his back sometimes when he is asleep in his fishbowl. Maybe she is just more comfortable that way.

Thats what I was thinking, But wanted to make sure! She even has a pillow in her cage, and she would rather just lay on her back then lay on her side on the pillow or on her belly! :)

I have 2 chins that sleep on their back quite regularly. It still gives me a mild heart attack every time I see one of them..... lol.

Melanie

I found Rex sleeping in his back in his tube the other morning at first I thought there was something wrong with him until I poked his little toes and he popped right to life and I got yelled at for bugging him.

Petunia sometimes sleeps on her back. Usually underneath her wheel where she can put her feet on the metal. So I wouldn't worry if they are otherwise acting normal.

I had a back sleeper once. Generally the more pregnant she got the more I found her on her back. I have never been able to explain it and I've never had another one sleep that way.

We have a dozen or so that sleep that way. Several with their feet straight up in the air.

She sleeps with her feet up in the air too! Its funny, But I was a little worried. Only because I didn't know if that meant something was wrong or not.

Cristine used to sleep on her back with her feet in the air I do believe I have a photo on the other computer

I have 2 chins that sleep on their back quite regularly. It still gives me a mild heart attack every time I see one of them..... lol.

Melanie

I know the feeling. I have a dark ebony male, that always sleeps on his back and looks like road kill. He doesnt even move when I open the door to his cage sometimes. The last time he did this, I opened the door and was just about to poke him......when he jumped up and scared the %$# out of me. :laughitup:

Back