Back from Sweden with an amazing story!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaSteve

Property of Stevie!
Just got back from a 24-hour bus ride from Sweden.

Before starting the stories, I had a blast!
Camping on a 10 meter tall diving tower in the middle of a lake, camping in the middle of the woods and all the usual survival stuff ;)

Now the story ...

On day 3 we did the same as the previous days ...
Gather all our stuff, load it on the boats and move to the next camping site.
As the hours passed dark clouds were moving up from the horizon and soon enough it was storming.
Staying on the lake with all the cargo was too risky, so we stranded on the mainland instead of going to the island we were supposed to be.
We quickly put up the tents and went to sleep. The next morning people were complaining about noises coming from the rainshelter but nobody paid much attention to it. Still stranded on the mainland we transported the boats on land to another lake.
I was in the back pushing a cargo when I heard noises behind me ... again I didn't pay much attention to it. We failed to arrive in time so we camped in the woods. That night my tentmate woke up and went outside to take a leak or something. 2 Minutes later he came running back ...
"There's something sneaking around the camp man ..."
I was like "Nice try dude"
Then I heard a cooking pot fall ...
THERE WAS SOMETHING IN THE CAMP
Foolish enough we went running to the tent of leaders. They too thought it was a joke. They checked it anyway with us following them. They turned on a flashlight ... aimed the beam to the shelter and saw a couple bright, yellow eyes ...
Then we realized ... we made a huge mistake coming to the mainland ...
The site was full of wolves ...
Immediatly we woke up the others, assembled the camp and left for the nearest camping site. With in the back a couple of us with flashlights and an axe (to gather wood)
The wolves followed us ... but didn't come closer then about 50 metres ...
We reached the camping site in the early morning, the wolves left when we saw the first lights of the city of Arvika.
Everyone was deeply impressed with what had happened so we agreed to stay away from the mainland and camp on the islands ...

Well that's the story ... and glad I'm back but hopefully i'll be able to return :thumbsup:

Back