Baby Names

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter is Mackenzie Cora. We just seemed to agree on that one not too long before birth.

We've had a boy name picked out since we were dating. Aaron Gage. Just love the way it sounds, looks, etc.

For girls, I have the names Caroline and Katharine picked out. For boys, Jack and Gabriel. No idea for middle names yet, but I know I want to include both of my grandparents names.

We don't have kids yet but I have a word document going because i have to write them down so I don't forget them.

Boys
Cohen Jefferson (my grandfather's name was ellis jefferson)
Jackson Collin
Liam Parker
August Jefferson
Parker Alexan
Colton Boyd or Boyd Colton
Roman Alexander

Girls
Scarlet Rose (sounds kinda silly but I can't think of too many middle names I like with it)
Savannah Grace
Ava Joyce
Shelby Noel
Shiloh Grace
Jamison Faith
Carson Elizabeth
Greyson Noel
Sophia Ranier
Tatum Grace
Sophia Rose
Olivia Skye

I also like the names Lourdes and Giada but feel weird naming my child an italian name when we are not italian. My friends named their daughters Jaylee Faith and Gianna Grace. My neice's name is Kaden and her brother's name is Kellan. I have a dog named Lucian which I love and wish I had saved for a son. I am big into strong unusual or victorian names.

My husband is a triplet and their first names all start with R (Robert, Rodney, Robin) and their middle names rhyme (Shane, Dane, Lane) lol so I guess I would have to go with Rayne or Cain as middle names to keep it up? If I have multiples, well really twin girls, I would name them Scarlet and Savannah no question.

I have a hard time with names because if I meet someone that has the name I like and I don't like them or their habits it ruins it for me...

Volunteerchin22, you have some cool name ideas! I love Shiloh, Greyson, oh and I love Liam!

For a girl, I just remembered another name I like: Evangeline :)

I love the kids of members on this forum...(Parkerspetchins & AlPayton) which are:

Pierce and Parker. Love those names too.

Oh my...How could I forget Liz's baby Remy?

Whatever you do, don't go with a name that is popular. For our first, we had quite a few names picked out and when she was born quickly ruled out all but one, Jessica. The names I had thought all my life I'd want as girls names, didn't fit once she arrived. There were 6 Jessica's born that week. All during grade school there were 3 Jessica's in her class. They used, Jessica, Jess, Jessie but it was confusing. In high school, teachers often confused her with another Jessica who was the same height, build and hair colour. I got a few phone calls about the other Jessica because the teachers confused them. I often wondered if they confused them when marking as well.

I couldn't agree more! Unless it is a name you are dead set on, popular names are not a good choice. Mine, Ashley, was THE most popular name for a while, and I can't even tell you how many times my elementary teachers had to call my parents because I had changed my name, yet again, haha!

I tend to favor Italian names (Maserati and Jiada are both Italian, although Maserati is actually a car). Boys names I like are Amani, Gianni, Ethan, and Noah. For whatever reason, I find boy names harder to choose.

I tend to not like names that could work for a boy or girl. I like for boy to have very clearly masculine names and girls to have very obvious feminine names :)

And, you have to be careful. I think there is a balance between choosing a unique name and a too unique name. Yes, you want the child to not be going to school with 5 other children of the same name, but in the same way, if you name your child a totally odd name or something too unusual, then they could be made fun of quite a lot, etc....

For whatever reason, I find boy names harder to choose.

I actually have a harder time finding girls names that I like.

I tend to not like names that could work for a boy or girl.
^ I used to feel that way and sometimes still do. A lot of people I email who haven't met me assume I'm a man based on my name, but I promise you get over having a unisex name for the most part. When I was in grade school I really wanted to change my name though.

I'm not planning on having kids, but if I change my mind I would want my kids to have names that aren't as common. I have names set aside and have always been hesitant to share them, but seeing as most of you aren't in NC if I ever did have kids they wouldn't be in class with yours ;)

girl: Tessa Bly
boy: Silas Cody

Last edited:
I tend to not like names that could work for a boy or girl. I like for boy to have very clearly masculine names and girls to have very obvious feminine names :)

And, you have to be careful. I think there is a balance between choosing a unique name and a too unique name. Yes, you want the child to not be going to school with 5 other children of the same name, but in the same way, if you name your child a totally odd name or something too unusual, then they could be made fun of quite a lot, etc....

I agree on both counts. I have met some people with very interesting names.... Kandie Barr (who lived near Hershey btw), Harry Pitts, Ima Pigg, etc. I have worked with several kids that ran into all kinds of problems with peers because of their names. I think Olallie posted some similar types of names too.

There's also, somewhere in our great nation, a very frustrated member of the Greene family among kids named Hunter, Sage, Jade and Emerald.

LMAO...that's funny.

Thanks everyone for some great ideas.

Erin

A unpopluar name for a girl is Bonnie. Not even kidding you. I'm the only Bonnie in the school system in this county.

The only unpopular boy name that I can think of is Grant.

That was my mothers name. I like it.

Erin

I love unique names.

Hayden was going to be quincy but my hubby was having no part of it so 2 weeks before he was born I read the name Hayden and it stuck so we have Hayden Tyler. It is different and 5 years ago it was not very common at all.

Miley Grace was what my hubby picked out from the day I found out I was having a girl. I want Nickolette so next girl (if there is one) gets that name and next boy will be named something different but I really want a Quincy Micheal.

By the way Cory, I like you're name :) I think of Cory as more of a girls name and actually quite a pretty girl's name....but just know, I didn't mean to offend anyone :)

By the way Cory, I like you're name :) I think of Cory as more of a girls name and actually quite a pretty girl's name....but just know, I didn't mean to offend anyone :)

Cory's one of those names that can be either male or female. It's funny, I hear Cory and I think more of a boy than a girl. I guess that's becuase I grew up with a male Cory. (I think he spelled his name Corey though, I could be wrong...) I guess it varies from person to person, depending upon who you've known with the name. I do agree though that it is a nice name, boy or girl.

For a girl I like Lilly but we ended up going with Ellie as a comprimise and then I like Logan for a boy and my husband like Quinton.

I won't be having kids for a long time, if ever, but I work at a kids b-day place and you get a lot of different names. At work we talk about what we'll name our 'future kids'...

I really like the names Shelby, Hannah, or Addie (Addison) for a girl. My dad's cousin's daughter is named Shelby Quinn and I have a friend named Shelby. Not sure why I like it, I honestly never really cared much for it but I think it's pretty now.

For a boy, I like the name Gabe (short for Gabriel), Logan, or Will (William)

People pretty much quit replying, but here are my names:
Boys:
Laertes (love it but would never name a child it)
Boyce (you really have to know him to appreciate it)
Briar
Jason
Jace
William
Reid
Rob
Lyric
Derek
Justin
Justice
Jesse (name of my brother, Grandpa, and Great Grandpa)

Mixed:
Keegan
Raegan

Girls:
Chadaya
Christiny
Chastity
Chateau
Chaykota
Evangeline
Eracyn
Whitney