Baby hamsters, six weeks old

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

My mom got two hamsters from petsmart back in November. The pet store said they were two females. Well, they weren't ><. My mom brought the hamsters home and on December 16th the female had six babies! Dad had been taken out the day before the female gave birth, thank goodness! Or we would have had another litter. We hand raised the babies starting at two weeks of age. We rehomed three, and kept three. Now we are up to five hamsters. My mom decided not to take them back to school, so now I have two hamster cages in my room, and my chin cage. The baby girls we kept are sweet, but their brother bites. He was handled just as often as a baby. So Im not sure why he bites :/. They are all Russian dwarf hamsters. We learned our lesson about Petsmart. They said they were sorry for the " inconvenience". My mom never would have bred the hamsters on purpose, but the babies were fun to watch grow. I now use other pet stores for most of my needs. Except for my cats special food that only Petsmart carries in my area.

Latest posts

Back