** baby emergancy read!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's his symptoms -
He normally is bouncy and happy, and when I went to weigh him tonight he was very lethargic and not lifting up his head.
He was born on September 30th, and weighed in at 44 grams.
He has continually been gaining weight, and has been kept in the cage with his momma.

Im trying to keep it short and sweet, because we're keeping him warm and comfortable.
If you can help me at ALL, or know of any home remedies, please email me personally @ [email protected]
I will be checking it every 15 minutes, if you feel like contacting me through the phone, leave a number and your name and I will contact you A S A P.

Please dont say anything about a vet, he is too young.

There is really not enough info on how to help. Fist off what kind of cage? What is the temperature? is there any chance he had an injury? There are so very many things it could be. He could be bloated or he could just have something internally wrong. Some kits have issues after a few days even a few weeks during their development. I had a kit that seemed fine until she started nibbling on food, she died, turned out she had misformed intestines fine when she was nursing just the fluids but couldn't pass food. Really without more information it is hard to help

Fingers crossed for your little one - know how it feels, too!

Back