Baby Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppergurl

Hey!

I recently got a new baby chin from a breeder with the hopes of possibly bonding him with my older chin! I'm having a small issue with the baby though he has no problem coming up to my hand and sitting on it but every once and awhile he will just bite down on my finger or part of my hand and start tugging on it...It's not like a grooming type of nibble its a pretty painful bite and tonight he finally broke the skin on my finger and made me bleed. He is never aggressive before he does it he will just be sitting there then suddenly decides he wants to bite... Is there any way I can stop this behaviour?

I am a pretty new chin owner and recently got a baby chin too. She seems to be doing something pretty similar. I have noticed that she does it more when my hands have any sort of food smell on them. Maybe try distracting him with something safe he can chew on while sitting in your hand?

That's normal kit behavior. You have to work through it. I always warn owner who want babies they have a teen age bratty phase.... not many believe me until their young adult starts acting like a nut. Keep working with him and after a few months he will settle down.

Back