Babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viciousalice

Our Extra dark ebony, Anita, is having her babies now! we saw 2 little dark babies, they are still wet so we can't really tell what color they are atm but they are too darn cute!!! I'll post pics when they dry off and after my nap (just got off work) :D expect many pictures to come!!!

well here they are, she had 3 amazingly cute little babies, I'll read up on how to sex them later, but they looked all girls to me LOL (wishful thinking that they are all same gender) but anyway it looks to me like 2 tan and 1 Dark ebony :)

DSC_0390.JPG

DSC_0391.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

at first the 2 tan looked gray until we got them out and weighed them LOL

weights are

45 Tan
50 Tan
51 Ebony

Aww, they are absolutely precious!
Great weights for all three of them too.
I've been looking into getting a beige female to add to my herd. Maybe you can just send one my way. ;)

I was wondering the same thing. They're so precious and so tiny! Makes me wish I knew what my boys looked like when they were babies.

we did have a problem with the little tan male, his left eye wouldn't open, but he seems to be doing just fine now. All three have cute little round bellies and are doing great. Anita just seems like she wants it to be over, the poor lady, but she is doing an excellent job!

When is a good time to put a dust bath in with mom and babies? I tried looking for it in here but was having some trouble.

Some people wait 10 days and others say it doesn't hurt if they have it the day they give birth. It's up to you, basically.

Back