Aw this makes me so sad :'(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna_chin

Look at Luna's ear :'(
My fiance thinks she was tagged.. or maybe she got into a fight with another chinchilla I don't know- but poor Luna. :'((

Attachments

• IMG_20130105_132933.jpg
    IMG_20130105_132933.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 109
That doesn't look like a tag hole or tear. It was probably done when she was born by her mom as it doesn't have the flanged edge you see on an ear wound of a weanling or older chin. They tend to heal thick around the edges.

This is what a tag hole looks like if it's been ripped out.

Attachments

• TagHole.jpg
    TagHole.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I have seen babies and adults groom one another and take a bite out of the ear. The chin with the bitten ear never even moves - like it doesn't even bother them.

My rescue chinnie has a few holes in his ear...His siblings weren't the most gracious on him ):

I have a kit with an injured ear right now, don't think it will ever look the same, but it probly won't ever effect her at all.

ZZ has an old ear injury too. His ear has a nip out if it and it rolls down from the top.

Attachments

• ZZ enjoying a shreddie.jpg
    ZZ enjoying a shreddie.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 20
My Blackberry Bunnybutt's ears were chewed by her mother/siblings and they look like little ruffled potato chips. Her tail is bobbed very close to her body (like a bubby's). They also chewed all the fingers off of her only front paw, so she has what I call her "mitten paw". She can't hold her food to eat, but has to eat out of her bowl like a dog or cat. In spite of all this, she is the sweetest, most loving and social of my chins!!!

My Blackberry Bunnybutt's ears were chewed by her mother/siblings and they look like little ruffled potato chips. Her tail is bobbed very close to her body (like a bubby's). They also chewed all the fingers off of her only front paw, so she has what I call her "mitten paw". She can't hold her food to eat, but has to eat out of her bowl like a dog or cat. In spite of all this, she is the sweetest, most loving and social of my chins!!!

Poor little girl :(

Latest posts

Back