Attempted Mating with my arm

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanln97

Cuddling Extraordinaire
Rocco has started to try and mate with my arm every time I put my hand in the cage to pet him and/or change his food and hay. I know he doesn't know better and it's just chinchilla nature, but it's really making me uncomfortable :wacko:
Is there any way to stop this behavior?

Would getting a fleece buddy thingy help him out at all? Maybe he can take his...umm...frustrations? out on that instead of your arm? lol.

Mine did that for a few months, but he has mostly stopped unless he gets really excited. "OMG I'm so happy popcorning time" usually includes a few arm-humps. I just push him away gently.

I have a two-and-a-half year old female who humps me constantly... so... yeah. Hopefully he'll outgrow it.

Starrkey did it loads. But the solution in my story is rather drastic, as he doesn't do it now he's been castrated and lives with a female chinny.... he wasn't impressed with a cuddle buddy haha.

I have a 5-year-old male who's been doing that for the 4 years I've had him. His record is 6 times in less than 30 minutes. :eek:

It Happens

My three year old male does that every time that I put my hand in the cage. He has been doing that every time that I put my hand in his cage since he was about 9 months old. When he is with female chins, he is not nearly that aggressive with them.

Latest posts

Back