attaching flying saucer to ferret nation?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymilo

help me please :)...i can't figure out how to attach the flying saucer to my ferret nation cage because the bars don't seem to align with the attachment pieces...i've looked through pics and noticed that some of you have done it...please teach me how

When I have a flying saucer in a FN, I make it so the u bolts are on a angle. I am at work and can't take a pic but will when I get home. It makes it so they don't move and the saucer is secure.

1. Get a shelf or some kind of support for underneath where you're going to put it. If you attach it w/ the metal support inside the pan, it's a royal PitA to get liners changed or the pan washed.

2. If you don't have proper U-bolt sets (called cable clamps or Crosby's) you can get them in the hardware department of Home Depot or similar. I think they're 1/2" sized. You'll need about 3 of them.

3. The curve of the U goes over the wheel bar from inside the cage and on an angle, top to bottom. The bracket then goes on from the outside of the cage, bottom to top. Then, attach the nuts. (This way, if it does come loose, you don't lose the nut in the bedding where the chin can chew on it or hide it from you. You're more likely to find it when you're sweeping. ;))

I just loaded 2 pics of the top attachments of my Saucer to my profile album. The lower one is attached in line w/ a vertical bar, so it goes on the regular way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back