Are these considered treats?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simplymee

Nimbus <3
Hi
I received a whole bucket full of mrs pastors horse biscuit and was wondering if these were considered as treats?

I have a 8wk kit and I known you're not suppose to give them treats till at least 6months. But would you consider the biscuits as a treat? Should I wait till he's 6months in order to feed them to him?

And if not, how many of these cookies can I give him a day-weeks?

I'm not 100% those are safe chin treats. I know some Mrs. Pasters items are used, but to tell you the exact ones you have are safe, I can't. Can you post a photo or link to the item?

However, if they are, then yes they are considered a treat. Kits should have no treats until they are 6 months old.

Once he is 6 months old then he can have a small pieces off one no more than once a day, if that. Chins don't need treats as much as we as owners need to give them.
if they are what I think they are they are to big to be given the whole thing, so about the size of a cheerio would be good,if they are in fact a safe chin treat, once 6 months old

Back