Are these acceptable feed values?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proudmom25

I am in the process of possibly switching food for my chins. They are currently on Oxbow...which I love. But it is getting too expensive to have shipped in. It is available locally at the vet but they want $27 (tax in) for a 10lb bag . I am also able to get a 25lb bag of Mazuri for $42 (tax in). I currently have my three chins and 4 rescues so will need appx. 15-20lbs a month.

I decided to check out some stores and found a rabbit feed and was wondering if these values were acceptable for chins.

Protein 17% min
Fat 2.5% min
Fibre 18% max
Moisture 12% min

Here are the main ingredients.

Alfalfa
Wheat Midlings
Barley
Oats
Soybean

The rest of the ingredients are your vitamins and minerals. There is no corn. Now while it is cheaper, I don't want to compromise nutrition and health for my babies.

Oh...I checked in to the PRCS but I don't think it is available in Canada...at least not at any of the feed stores close enough to me (within 2hr driving range).

Thanks!

I found with the low fat and protein together left my chins with dull looking fur, I used to feed a all timothy diet. The low fat may lead to dull fur, that was my experience.

Aren't those the same values , except -1% protein for Oxbow anyways? And similar ingredients too

Latest posts

Back