Are Petsmart chins okay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
devonmariexoxo, have you looked into veterinary care for a chinchilla in case you should ever need it? It is very important to have a vet on hand that has experience and very good knowledge of chins.

Yes, I found a vet on a website/forum that has a vet trained in chins about 20-30 minutes from my house.

Petsmart, breeder, rescue, like others have said, find one that connects with you. We've taken as rescues ones the former owners got from breeders, as well as former Petsmart chins, and love them all. Every chin has its own personality. We got our black one (dark ebony?) from a shelter one state away, and he is the sweetest, most gentle, cutest little guy. He rarely even chews on stuff he's not supposed to, and never if his toys and sticks are readily available. I couldn't believe someone would give him up, and he was well worth the couple hour's drive. But we've also gotten ones from shelters and a store much closer to home. Whichever one you manage to find, I'm sure it'll be happy to have a wonderful home with you. :)

Umm, excuse me but aren't you the one now using "ad hominem" tactics? I wasn't aware we were expected to spell things perfectly or to notice every typo made. I am severely dyslexic and just finished my Master's degree, I am far from ashamed of my errors in spelling. Now I am being put in a negative light for this? I also fail to see how typos or poor spelling makes anything I have to say less valid. Would you aim the same statements at a nonnative English speaker? Isn't this a bit judgmental and discriminating? You do realize you also misspelled "generalizations" four times after commenting on my misspelling of the word discredit?

:deadhorse:

LOL. You are the one who started the discussion about comprehension, (mis)interpretation, and context ... I have merely reflected back to you (again) and you clearly don't like what the mirror shows ..... you are the one who took umbrage at my original post and started the ad hominem attacks on me.

We could do this rubbish all day but I'm done with this banter - as I said before, it's mildly amusing but pointless (and it detracts from the focus of the thread) - and as Dawn has pointed out (thank you, Dawn) in the UK we spell the word "generalisations'.

I think the OP has gotten her answer several times over now, so continuing this thread is pointless.

To the OP - be sure to come back and post pictures when you get your new fuzzy friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back