Are baby wipes safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkpiggy1989

'No they're not bunnies'
Since the warm weather is VERY quickly approaching, I have switched all my cages to tile floors and included litter pans in each cage. Most of the chins understand the concept of the litter box, but they still have a bunch of accidents all over the cage. It seems like its up to them if they feel like making the walk to the litter pan, if not they go where they please. I do a nightly sweep out and wipe down with a paper towel, but sometimes the urine has already dried and its a bit difficult to get off. Would using unscented baby wipes to wipe the floor down be safe? I know they have pet wipes but they had alcohol and perfumes in them, so I decided to stay away.

I have spare pans that I washed with dish soap and vinegar. After I rinsed them, I let them air dry. On the pans that I pull out and replace with these clean pans, I use unscented baby wipes or a diluted vinegar/water mixture to clean and then dry them with paper towels.

I don't see why they wouldn't be safe. Some people use them to clean there hind ends if they sit in their urine.

Unscented baby wipes are just fine. You can also use the vinegar/water method or you can use peroxide. All are perfectly safe.

I've used unscented baby wipes for years to clean their cage, pans, shelves, etc.
Never an issue here with them :)

Latest posts

Back