April 30, 2011 Colorado West Branch ECBC Spring Claiming Show, Crawford, CO

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn & The Chins

The Chinchilla WhisKerer
I'm not the best at uploading info, so here's hoping that this will work, and when you open it, you'll have all the details for this GREAT show!!!

It's a fun weekend in a gorgeous location on Colorado's Western Slope, about 6 1/2 hours from Denver, so closer for those Cali Girls and Utah/Idahoans again, I hope!!! Nebraska people, it's a little further, but we usually have people from Iowa and Missouri, too!!! As Luke Faussett always says, "This is the one show I try NOT to miss!!!"

As with our Spring Show in Fort Collins in February, we are hoping to attract more people from ALL areas. We'd love to see you, whether you are a rancher, breeder or a pet owner (like me!!!).

There is a State Park with a lake a mile or so out of town, camping is allowed. You will be less than 1 hour from the Black Canyon of The Gunnison, a National Park, which is more than worth the trip. It will take your breath away!!!

http://www.nps.gov/blca/index.htm

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9507&stc=1&d=1298603584

Hope to see you there!!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Crawford_Show 2011.pdf
    171.7 KB · Views: 29
  • CHINCHILLA SHOW-EVERYONE WELCOME
  • COLORADO WEST BRANCH ECBC
  • SPRING CLAIMING SHOW
  • Hwy 92—Crawford, Colorado—
  • Crawford, Co 81415
  • 10 CLASS STANDARD AND
  • MUTATION OPTIONAL RULES
  • Minimum- $50.00 Maximum - $500.00
  • Pet owners will not be required to price their animals
  • Ranchers reserve the right not to sale one animal per show string!
  • Set up of equipment Friday @5 P.M.
  • Entry allowed Friday evening and Saturday before 9 a.m.
  • Place – Crawford Town Hall – center of town - Upstairs
  • Show – Saturday @ 10 A.M. Open at 7 A.M. for combing
  • Entry Fee - $5.00 per animal ($1.00 will be donated back to ECBC)
  • Limit – 10 animals per string, multiple strings are allowed
  • Awards – Traveling Trophies
  • Lunch – We’ll have sandwich stuff
  • Supper – We will let you know that day!
  • Lodging – Crawford Motel @ 970-921-5040,
  • Hotchkiss Inn @ 970-872-2200, or Last Frontier Lodge 970-921-5150
  • French Country Inn for the Ultimate Experience – 970-921-7111-
  • B&B- Nightly rates include breakfast, wine, fruit and crackers in the evening. 5 bedrooms- full kitchen – Very, Very Nice
  • Information - Roger or Kathy Clark - 970-921-7231
  • Space is limited so please contact us at rakaclark@paonia .com
  • or 970-921-7231 if you plan on attending so we can plan accordingly.
  • Spring is a great time to camp in Colorado!!
  • This is a learning show, we will all judge
  • It’s a great experience for all.
  • Saturday, April 30. 2011

Gonna try, my husband is a permanent grump since moving though, so no promises.

Durn, sorry I have to miss it. Family business. But keep me in the loop for shows in Denver. Would love to come to revel in the furriness.

Just got home. As always, we had a great time!!!

Luke and Jamie Fausett along with their children Taylor and Tommy, Bob and Dovie Smith, Joe and Shirley Brown, John and Diana Suhr, Roger and Kathy Clark , Cindy Zeller and her husband and I were in attendance.

Bob and Joe were the big winners. I didn't keep a show book because at this field day, we take turns getting behind the table with the judges as a learning experience. I was able to have a turn with Bob and Joe; I have been with Roger at past shows. I learn something new every year!!!

We do a thing where we try to pick the Champion and Reserve Champion for both Standards and Mutes befoire the judging begins. I got the Mutations correct, but missed completely on the standards. Bob chose all 4, but just got the order switched. I won one of their gorgeous chinchilla roses!!!

We had a lot of people cancel at the last minute for a variety of reasons; it would have been nice to have more people, but we had a GREAT time with the group we had.

Looking forward to next year already!!!

Latest posts

Back