Approximately when is a chin fully grown?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.murphy518

I love my chinchildren!
Just curious because about 2 weeks ago I got a new chin (planned to be a cage mate for my baby mosaic after quarantine) named Bambam and he is REALLY big and appx 1 year old.

My two standard males are fairly large, but still smaller than Bambam and they are both appx. 4 years old.

My baby chin is the one I am asking about. He is about to turn 6 months old and he is still really little in comparison to all of the others, I would say about 2/3 the size of my standards. I am positive he eats like a pig, both pellets and hay, and he is in perfect health, his frame is just smaller than the adults.

So, I am wondering when a chin is fully grown? I am curious to find out how big he will really end up

Last edited:
From my experience most chins reach their full size around 8 months to a year, but some color mutations like ebonies, tans and sapphires can take up to 18 months to 2 years to get their full size. Size also depends on their breeding line. Chins can weigh anywhere from about 400 to 1200 grams; even less or more than that sometimes.

Back