Anyone want to give me a new back :P

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siany

Last night i was cleaning the chinnies cage, as i stood back up my back went on me:wacko: All i have had is about an hours sleep and today its hurts even more. Its almost everytime i clean the cage now, my back problems started when i was about 11 years old when i fell over ice skating. I have had an xray but the doctors couldnt find anything but years on its still never been right. This is the worst my back has pulled and i am even having trouble walking, my mom and sister both want to to go to the doctors as they both have back problems but i really dont want to go :cry3:

Me and my bf are taking my neice out tomorrow so i hope its better by then, i just needed to have a rant :hair:

I'm sorry your back hurts :( That sucks

Make sure you take care of yourself sweetie. Back problems can get worse in time!! If you have the opportunity and can get treatment, go for it!

Good luck and hope you feel better..

Thank you, if it gets any worse i will be going to the doctors and at the moment im just trying not to move around too much. :)

id give you mine but it don't work good anymore. It requires surgery. I just haven't done it because i am really scared about it.
I use a Tens machine for my back almost every day

Siany,
As a long-term back pain sufferer I absolutely sympathize.
Is this a muscular or a skeletal problem? You should find out (see a doctor for an MRI if necessary) and then see a physiotherapist to teach you how not to bend, how to stretch etc... Physiotherapy saved my life few years ago- I had pulled a back so badly I was unable to sit or stand for more than 2 minutes at a time- and the pain lasted for months. After seeing a therapist I was able to slowly recover and after 3 months walk and sit like everyone else.

I recommend wearing a back support belt while cleaning cages and doing other heavy household chores- you can find such a belt in specialized pharmacies.
Good luck,

Last edited:
If they didn't find anything on the x-rays it's actually a good thing. Often it's muscle imbalance like Sanja talked about above. You just need to see a therapist, in the U.S. the sports/physio therapists do this type of work.

I had a similar issue, slipped my first disk at 11 babysitting. Couldn't stand up for two days and from there on it just got worse - especially since I was involved in equestrian sports. On a whim when I was 27 I went in to "fix" my posture because my insurance paid for it and why not? Boy, did it fix more than that! My back, my hips, knees... etc. A good therapist helps you re-train the muscles in your body so that you aren't using your back to support everything, and works on your balance. Been pain free for 4 years now. Best part is the exercises are really easy and it takes so little to be completely pain free. :))

Just food for thought.

I want to join the 'give me a new back' club!! I had a severe fall off a 14 ft slide in 2nd grade, it ruptured both ear drums, messed up the optic nerves, and moved the muscles in my legs around. My spine litterally looks like you wrung it out like wet clothes. I had to go back in to my chiro yesterday and I get to start going twice a week again, because it is highly unstable, and now curving toward the right. I woke up this morning with my neck so sore I could barely move. Most of the damage is in my lower back, it felt a lot better, but boy my neck didnt! My next appt is Tues.

My sister actually has slipped two discs in her back, shes more stubborn than me though and avoided the doctors as much as she could, she finally went in when she started to lose the feeling in her legs. She had an operation to remove the discs and they wasnt happy because she almost paralized herself :s Then my mom has arthiritis in her knees and back and has to have injections every winter.

Envy you have been through the wringer and i think you need to have a VIP pass for the give me a new back club. I hope your appointment goes ok.

Well yesterday me and my bf went and took my neice out, i woke up feeling a little better and my back was managable until i got got on the train, a woman was huffing at me to get up and i lost my temper and stood up too quick (OUUCCCHHH). Had a good day though even if i had to dose up on some pills to kill the pain a little bit. Im a little bit better today though, i have got to book an appointment for the doctors for something else so i might bring up my back to him, depends if its still hurting by them.

Picture from the butterfly farm to share :D

Awww, what a beautiful butterfly! Look at an organic/health food store and see if you can find Curamin, its really good stuff, it helps mine. Another good one is deflaminol, combination of the curamin, and an herbal anti-inflamitory. I have to take all this stuff. :(

There is some herbal shops in town....i will have a look on tuesday :D thank you !! its starting to go abit stiff now.

Latest posts

Back