anyone used Birch ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

I was thinking the other day I have tons of birch trees we have 5 acres of trees ( unsprayed ) has anyone used birch ? I was thinking about possibly down the line making a few ledges / chews for my chin as I have absolutely nothing to do these days and I figured since it was accessible why not try it !

I know a lot of time would be spent scrubbing/baking/drilling so I am just curious if chins even like the non fruit wood...

When Pets by Products (Barbi) or whatever the name was I would purchased birch from her. The chins loved all her wood.

When Pets by Products (Barbi) or whatever the name was I would purchased birch from her. The chins loved all her wood.

Oh nice I know my chin likes willow which is not fruit wood, and enjoys chewing on safe kiln dried pine chews...so with all the birch I thought I could make some nice things ...my main expense is wood chews its crazy I am spending 20-30 with one chin a week and I really need to find a hobby so I figured why not work with stuff I know my chin will use!!!

Many toy pieces you find that are bird/chinchilla safe, are made out of birch. I use birch twigs and whirlies for my chins, and they love it. Seems to be one of their favorite woods. :)

Oh yes I have had to buy bird toys with safe wood as the chin selection is horrible here in stores I was thinking ledges.... whirlies and stick chews would all be worth making with the tree now my husband I told him to cut me down a good size tree LOL!!

If you have to much birch you can sell it on this forum.

I was thinking I can do this....I have unlimited unsprayed birch....and I know chew sticks /chews I give unlimited to my one chin which is 2-3 bundles a week so this adds up a lot .....the kids will go back to school soo the weather getting cooler and I am thinking it would also give me some sort of purpose to my life Ive been feeling down without mush to do ( no work opportunities where I live in the woods)for my days to actually have a project to keep me busy I need to steal my husbands tools now he has hand saws...skill saws and jig saws and drills :hilarious: they are MINEEEEE now

Latest posts

Back