anyone own french bulldogs?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had one, but another dog attacked him and he didn't survive his injuries. He was a great dog! Funny, loved balls, was a great dog for the kids. We did have some issues with food aggression, so fed him separate from the others. This was our much loved, and dearly missed boy Atticus.

Attachments

• atticus laying on floor.JPG
    atticus laying on floor.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 89
I am so sorry to hear about your boy, Atticus! He was sooooo adorable!

I don't know much about the breed, but the breeder we got our chihuahua from also breeds the french bull dogs and they were so funny and friendly and adorable! I wish I could have brought a few of them home, too!

Thank you. I still cry whenever I look threw his pictures. He was one of the family indeed. They can be dominate towards other dogs if they are challenged, and can be bull headed, has lots of gas, but I'm married so it wasn't that big of a deal! LOL
He never met a person he didn't like! His favorite toy was a basket ball! The kids lost many a ball to him deflating them! I would love to have another one day.

O he is precious !!!! Sorry to hear about what happened :( . The boyfriend and I have been looking into getting one in the next year or two.. I don't want to breed so I have been trying to find a breeder willing to do pet only contracts with a spay agreement for a lower cost .the cheapest I have found them is $1000 lol. I just wanted to see if anyone had any negatives with the breed. I have never met one in person but they are adorable !

We had one, but another dog attacked him and he didn't survive his injuries. He was a great dog! Funny, loved balls, was a great dog for the kids. We did have some issues with food aggression, so fed him separate from the others. This was our much loved, and dearly missed boy Atticus.

The vet I use for exotics has one who walks around the office. It walked in the room, looked up at us with huge adorable eyes, then walked right out. lol

Love Frenchies! I have babysat my friends and her aunt is a breeder. They can be needy and will follow you around! Lots of farting and belching! Ha! Snorting too! The only issues I know that my friends aunt has is with breeding. I am sure there are breed issues but nothing I can think of with my friends.

Its very hard to find nice breeders out here,
Personally when my mother bred boxers if a dog was not quality enough to be bred she did a pet only contract with a spay/neuter agreement and significantly lowered the price of the puppy.

I have realized that everyone in my area doesnt even do pet only contracts and that all puppies come with breeding rights. You mean to tell me that every single puppy they are producing is the proper quality to be breeding? I highly doubt that. People amaze me with how they only care about the money and not the dogs quality of if it should be bred or not.

ugh....lol

Back