Anyone know what type she is?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinch&Chilla

chin matchmaker <3
Hi everyone, I just found out that one of my male chinchillas is actually a female. I'm just trying to figure out what color classification she is so I know if she does get pregnant. I'm posting a picture. My other chinchilla is a standard grey. Does anyone know what the possibilities the babies may be? I tried looking through the genetics information on other sites and got kind of confused.

Attachments

• chilla1.jpg
    chilla1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 100
  • chilla2.jpg
    chilla2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 76
She looks a little dark for beige to me. Is her belly white or the same color as the rest of her? She could be a lighter phase tan, if her belly is the same color. If she has a white belly, she is a hetero-beige.

For your calculations on Silverfall, a tan has a beige gene and an ebony gene.

Do you plan on breeding them? If so,
If they are from a pet store, I would suggest you do not breed them not knowing their background. You may be in for unpleasant surprises, such as difficulty with pregnancy, labour and maybe kits born with the gene of malocullusion, heart problems and more.
If you got them from a breeder, just make sure he did not sell them as pets only and if not have their pedigree before breeding.

You also want to make sure they are at the age where they can be bred.
Browsing in the breeding section will guide you thru this.

She looks like either a beige or a tan. Does she have a white belly? I second what Saphire said. Please do some research before you decide to breed. Its not all little kits and kisses.

I don't think she new she didn't have two males so this is an accidental breeding. From what I gathered she's already separated them and is getting more information just in case the female got pregnant.

You have a hetero beige, congrats! She looks like she's quite the cuddler. ;)

she does look like a hetero beige. Beige or standard babies with those too. Good luck you have lots of learning to do to get ready

Latest posts

Back