anyone know anything about this person

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In looking at her site, I remember that house with the porch from way back on CnQ... and her links to good sites still lists CnQ. Just makes me wonder if she's still around? I know I'm a bit anal about keeping my website up to date, but it's been awhile since CnQ now... Never ordered from her though, so I can't help you there. Sorry.

Someone else posted that site not too long ago. I think the consensus was that since it hasn't been updated in awhile you should contact her to see if she's still in business. The only active rescue I know of in central IL is furrylovables.

I've never seen this site before or heard anything about it. I am in Central, IL. There was a rescue close to me in teeny town about 20 minutes away but that is the only rescue I have ever been aware of in Central, IL. Fuzzyloveables is actually in Northeastern, IL. It is way up North past Chicago. Sadly, nothing is closer than about 3 and a half hours from me and I'm pretty much dead smack in the center of the state. I can drive about 4 hours to the top and bottom lines of the state. It's honestly a little depressing seeing as we have.... 3-4 petstores that sell chinchillas and other small animals. My little malo guy who just passed I got from the humane society. That is where they end up because of the lack of any kind of rescue or anything for them. I really do worry about chins around here as all the stores promote bad information. I have personally chewed out each one of them. I tried the nice approach first, providing them with good info. It's sad because we have a wonderful exotics vet school but even at the vet I use to go to the lady making appointments talked about putting hers in a "death ball".

Fuzzyloveables is actually in Northeastern, IL. It is way up North past Chicago.

Unless they've moved, and haven't updated their website, furrylovables is still in Wilmington, IL which is several hours south of Chicago. Kristy and Cat & Bill are up North. Dawnna's in the Naperville area, but I don't think she's breeding right now. I know Kristy has taken rescues in, but I think furrylovables in the only one who actually advertises as a rescue.

Unless they've moved, and haven't updated their website, furrylovables is still in Wilmington, IL which is several hours south of Chicago. Kristy and Cat & Bill are up North. Dawnna's in the Naperville area, but I don't think she's breeding right now. I know Kristy has taken rescues in, but I think furrylovables in the only one who actually advertises as a rescue.

You are right... somehow when I first searched it yahoo maps told me it was further North. Us folks in Central, IL would still consider it Northern, IL though as it is still way up near Chicago. Bloomington-Normal, Peoria, Champaign-Urbana and Springfield are all way more "Central". Sorry, just pickin' hairs though. My point was, there just isn't much in Illinois at all. We don't have a many reputable breeders or rescues. Mostly we have humane societies, petstores, and pounds. All of what we do have is mostly up near Chicago. When I say I live in Illinois people go "So you're from Chicago?" *grins*

Back