Anyone in or near Cordova TN?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistywaterwoman

Pooper Scooper
My friend in Memphis just called me, she's at the Petsmart in Cordova on Germantown Parkway, and there are two chinnies being kept in the same enclosure there. One has a wound (or sore) on it's leg and the workers were oblivious.
She went and got the manager, and they took him out to have the vet look at him, but she said they put him right back in with the other one!!!

I'm thinking they were probably fighting and this could get very bad very quickly, and these employees don't know to separate the chins. I told my friend to mention that to the employee she was talking to, and she did, but apparently they are not taking her seriously. You know how it is...

If anyone is around that area, could you please go down there and at least check into the situation? Maybe they would take advice from a chin owner versus someone with no experience like my friend.

I just hate to leave it go and do nothing... :(

That same Petsmart (Cordova, TN) is where Flea came from. One of the chins in there is probably the same one they tried to sell me that had a respiratory infection. I tried to convince them to do something that time, and they said the vet had already seen him and his blood work was fine. They are incorrigible unfortunately.

Grrrr. This kind of thing really ticks me off!! :hair:

I got a guinea pig from my Petsmart years ago, and he was literally covered in fungus AND had heart issues. I tried to save him but couldn't.

WHY are they allowed to treat animals as disposable commodities!!?? I wish there was something we could DO about it, beyond just boycotting them...

Back