Anyone got ingredients/analysis for Beaphar Xtra Vital Care+ and Science Selective?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphy64

I was wondering if anyone had the ingredients/nutritional analysis for Beaphar Xtra Vital Care+ and Supreme Science Selective, as I was thinking of switching (from Pets at Home chinchilla pellets), and wanted to compare. Those who have fed them, which would you recommend?

Thanks! :))

I asked Chinchilla2shop, and they very helpfully put the information on their site, here it is if anyone is interested:
http://www.chinchillas2shop.co.uk/sselect+chincare.htm
I'm not really sure which to choose, I know a lot of people recommend the Beaphar Care+, but it seems to have quite a lot of vegetables, and also seeds? What are the 'preservatives, antioxidants, colourants' mentioned at the top, is that separate from what is included in the ingredients? :confused:

My mum keeps insisting I should give him Excel, since she swears by it for rabbits:
http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/products/chinchilla/burgess-excel-chinchilla.html
but though their rabbit food is indeed really good I've never heard anyone mention their chin food.

I give my chinnies Beaphar Care + and i also give Science Selective and they love it, their fur seems to be healthier since they have been on them both and you can really hear them much on them. I mix the two together (alot of people say dont) but as my chinnies were on Charlie Chinchilla before they like a bit of variety and dont really touch just the one food, they eat both and seem to enjoy them. Both my chinnies seem more energetic and look alot healthier since being on both of these food though :)

If I had the money I would feed all of my chinchillas Beaphar Care + Chinchilla. It is an excellent food but so is the Supreme Science Chinchilla. The Burgess is pretty good too - I was given some sample bags a little while ago & the chins are enjoying it as a treat.

IME a good pellet is one which is accessible to you, is recommended by experienced chinchilla owners/breeders/rescues, & is palatable to your chinchillas.
If one of those 3 feeds is happily chomped on by your chins then I'd say you are on to a winner. ;)

My girls are on Science selective and they love it. Jasmine had a lot of health problems back in Jan/Feb and I tried to tempt her to eat with beaphar care + but she hated it! Fussy little thing. I like the science cos I can get it from the pet shop up the road rather than having to order it online.

Thanks for the input. :)) I think I'll go with the Science Selective, as the ingredients sound closer to his current food, which he does quite like, and I think I can get it locally as well as online. I've got a sample bag, and have tried giving him some as a treat - he looked at me like I was trying to poison him the first time, but once he actually tasted it he gobbled it up and then wanted another one, so it seems it meets with his approval. They certainly are crunchier Siany, bet I'll hear him going 'munch munch munch' in the middle of the night once I've reached the point where he has a full bowl of them. :hilarious:

Back