Anyone else struggling to lose weight? Weigh in (no pun intended lol)!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im thinking about trying the insanity 60 day work out lol ...my sister said she has witnessed people that did it and the improvement on there body was drastic!

im thinking about trying the insanity 60 day work out lol ...my sister said she has witnessed people that did it and the improvement on there body was drastic!

I think it is from Beach Body as well, I have heard good things about that one as well. The key to staying fit is mainly your diet. Unfortunately I am allergic to everything that is good for you...:hilarious:

Good luck with your weight loss. I struggle too. Now that I am 50, I am finding it excruiatingly difficult to lose weight. I come from a long competitive athletic background so I thought it would be easier for me to lose, not so. I had a personal trainer for 9 months and didn't lose (or gain) a pound.

I am trying new things this year. More weights, more walking/jogging and cycling. Cycling was my sport of choice when I competed and I find that has the best results...for me.

Good luck!

I just started week 3 of the Insanity program. O...M...G... is all I can say. lol

Is anyone else doing Insanity, or have any of you gone through it?

Just saw this after I posted. I'm just starting week three of Insanity. I try to follow the nutrition plan as well (eating 5x a day - each meal being a healthy high fiber/high protein 300-400 calorie meal).

I took pictures of Day 1 and just took Day 14 today and I can already see a difference in my stomach. I don't think I'm brave enough to post my Day 1 picture...ever... LOL

I'm loving the trampoline we got my boys for Christmas. There are so many health benefits with rebounding, and I incorporate different types of jumps to work different muscle groups, add in a lot of arm movement to get more cardio benefits, and I also run on my trampoline. I find I get more energetic the longer I jump, instead of feeling tired like so many other exercise routines.

Help!?

So I am now in panic mode. I have a weigh in on Friday morning. Despite using the calorie counter, eating nice fresh homemade healthy meals, and working out 2x a day, I have not lost any weight. Infact, depending on the morning, it shows that I've gained weight. I don't get it... and this is not good because by some miracle I need to lose 3 lbs by Friday morning...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The calorie counter wants me eating 1200 cal/day, and I've been eating between 1200-1600 for the most part although some days, like yesterday, I ate less (yesterday I only ate 800 cal according to the counter) which I know isn't good. I have been breaking them up into several small meals a day. No junk food, no soda, no sugars and trying to avoid carbs as much as possible although that is difficult.

My workouts have been a mix of P90X, cardio (running/stationary bike), and ab/push-up improvement exercises.

I don't know what the problem is. I am wondering if maybe I need to be eating more than the 1200 cal/day and my body is in "starvation mode" which would lead to me keeping what I take in instead of losing weight. I am afraid to try and eat more (~2000 cal) though because I am worried I will gain even more weight from that. I am at a total loss what to do. If I fail weigh in I will have to be taped, and the tape test is so unreliable for people of my frame (thin neck but broad hips/ab area), so even though on a normal BMI test I am only like 19%, the army's tape test puts me at much higher than that.

I am debating about just drinking a lot of water and eating a banana for each meal (to keep potassium levels up) until friday morning. I know it is not healthy and I don't want to do it but I can not fail this height/weight and/or tape test and I only have 1.5 days to get there.

I don't know about My Fitness Pal, but I use Daily Burn Tracker (which is very similar) and when I do a workout, it will automatically adjust my intake to compensate for the calories burned while exercising. You might want to give it a try as a "second opinion." The website is tracker.dailyburn.com and there are apps for android and iphone

I don't know about My Fitness Pal, but I use Daily Burn Tracker (which is very similar) and when I do a workout, it will automatically adjust my intake to compensate for the calories burned while exercising. You might want to give it a try as a "second opinion." The website is tracker.dailyburn.com and there are apps for android and iphone

Thanks, I will try that to see how they compare.

It's like a double edge sword. Like I said earlier, I really wonder if maybe I am not getting enough calories in a day and therefore my body is "keeping" everything because it thinks it is in starvation mode. So I *could* try increasing my caloric intake to see if I start burning rather than saving, but with only 1.5 days until weigh in I am worried that I will risk gaining weight by eating more (at least in the short term).

This morning's workout consisted of doing ab and push-up exercises to muscle failure, and then 20 minutes of a moderate-high level on the stationary bike (ended up being a little over 5 miles). This afternoon I did an insanity cardio workout w/ a sweatshirt on to try and sweat a little more off.

*Sigh* this is really frustrating.

Oh, get this. On the 14 hour drive back to school, I ate McDonalds twice (a breakfast meal and a double cheeseburger meal) and snacked here and there, while drinking a good bit of water. I somehow lost 3 lbs. A couple days later I was back up to what I was when I left even with the workouts / healthy eating. I think my body is confused.

I would love if you would have the courage to post pics of your before and after photos. I would appreciate it greatly for my personal motivation!!!! I wouild not mind posting them of me when I start and finish to show people how much I changed and that it wasnt a rip off ! I just got my videos today and I am going to start it monday after I get off of work.

I hope I dont fall over and die or something because this just looks extremly hard. I am telling myself that I am motivated enough because I just recently lost 20 pounds and I am currently at 160 now and I want to be back at 130 for my sisters wedding.... I am her maid of honor and her wedding is in July. Nothing will make me feel better than to have the purfect body for the purfect day!!!

I just started week 3 of the Insanity program. O...M...G... is all I can say. lol

Is anyone else doing Insanity, or have any of you gone through it?

Last edited:
Ann it sounds like your body is in starvation mode. 1200 for the amount of working out you are doing seems like too little since you only are 200 calories off from starvation for a moderately active person. With only a day and a half until weigh in though I think your best bet might be sweating out water weight, which yea sadly is unhealthy. I know a lot of school wrestlers destroy their bodies for weigh ins.

After this weigh in I would rev up your intake and see what happens. Good Luck with it all!

I know I keep struggling with just controlling cravings of sweets.

I would love if you would have the courage to post pics of your before and after photos. I would appreciate it greatly for my personal motivation!!!! I wouild not mind posting them of me when I start and finish to show people how much I changed and that it wasnt a rip off ! I just got my videos today and I am going to start it monday after I get off of work.

I hope I dont fall over and die or something because this just looks extremly hard. I am telling myself that I am motivated enough because I just recently lost 20 pounds and I am currently at 160 now and I want to be back at 130 for my sisters wedding.... I am her maid of honor and her wedding is in July. Nothing will make me feel better than to have the purfect body for the purfect day!!!

Oh boy...well, maybe if I see good results. LOL Or maybe I can email you. hahaha :)

Despite using the calorie counter, eating nice fresh homemade healthy meals, and working out 2x a day, I have not lost any weight. Infact, depending on the morning, it shows that I've gained weight. I don't get it...
Well, first off best of luck. :))

Second, if you want to actually lose weight you need to cut all weight training. For someone with a thick frame who builds muscle easily you need to focus on lean workouts that drop body fat but don't build muscle, or build lean muscle.

You're doing everything right for bulking up, and I envy your ability to build muscle like that. You may want to talk to a personal trainer they will give you ideas on what to eat and what type of exercises to do to drop muscle and fat mass.

I agree, the only way to drop that much weight in a few days is to get very dehydrated.

Well, first off best of luck. :))

Second, if you want to actually lose weight you need to cut all weight training. For someone with a thick frame who builds muscle easily you need to focus on lean workouts that drop body fat but don't build muscle, or build lean muscle.

You're doing everything right for bulking up, and I envy your ability to build muscle like that. You may want to talk to a personal trainer they will give you ideas on what to eat and what type of exercises to do to drop muscle and fat mass.

I agree, the only way to drop that much weight in a few days is to get very dehydrated.

Thanks. I should be ok for weigh in now. I ate a good breakfast and lunch today and a small dinner, while also drinking lots of water. I just weighed myself and I'm right on the line, so hopefully I will sleep off a little water weight overnight. Plus we supposedly have a run tomorrow which could work as an advantage or disadvantage, since I'll sweat a lot during the run but I will be soaked in sweat when I step on the scale so we will see.

I def am going to start doing a lot more cardio and probably light weights (more reps with less weight which should just tone a little bit instead of building muscle). My intent with the weights was to help me improve my push-ups but I guess for that I will just have to stick with doing lots of push-ups.

After weigh in tomorrow I am going to not worry about the calorie counting so much but instead just continue to ensure I eat healthy food. I think the biggest problem was I probably put on a little bit of muscle weight over break, and then when I went into a panic about weigh-in I watched calories too closely and relied on the ap to tell me how much to eat, which in reality was not enough and it defeated the whole purpose as it was just storing everything I was taking in. The other problem may be that I am not getting enough fat in my diet. You need to take in fat to burn fat (I think it's like 2000 cal and 56 grams of fat recommended or something?) and especially this week I haven't been getting that much, so again, my body is probably storing everything it is taking in. In hindsight it was probably a bad move. But now I know for next time.

After tomorrow, I will have about a month until my next weigh in so I can focus on uping my intake and changing up my workouts to try and figure out what works best for me.

I really appreciate your support/advice. I was pretty worried (and still will be until weigh-in is done...).

I made it... barely. 1.5 more lbs and I would have been taped. It's been a bad morning and I've only been up for 2 hours, so I'm glad something has gone right so far today.

Latest posts

Back