Any suggestions for Bay Area Vet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireflycafe

Stormie & Bella
Hi everyone :)

I just wanted to get some input/info on the Vet's around bay area that you know is a good vet for Chinchillas. Since following the thread of some members, I realize, I really need to get all my facts now instead of later when something (crossing my fingers that it won't) happens.

I live in Richmond California, so am welling to drive up to Sacramento or San Jose area if you recommend any of vets there that you know is well knowledge about Chins.

Right now I have Dr. Virk from Abbey Vet of El Cerrito, CA as my vet for my girls. And VCA Animal Hospital of Oakland as back up Vet. But since I haven't had the need to go to them, I really donno their knowledge about Chins or how well they handle them :huh:

Any input or information you can give me is greatly appreciated by me and my girls.

Thanks much ^.^

Jenny

Adobe animal hospital
396 first st Los altos
650 948-9661

They have 7 or 8 vets who see chins, I recomend Dr Jane Johnson, Dr. Kurt Nakmura or Dr. Rachel Boltz. They are open 24/7/365 and almost always have a vet who can see chins. They take emergency appointments and you can just go and sit and wait-the longest I waited ever was 45min for a emergency drop in appointment. I have been going to them for 10 years with many chins and issues.

Last edited:
cool, thank you for giving me the info for Adobe animal hospital. I have it bookmarked. It is really nice to know that they have not one but three vet that is experienced with Chins and also that they are open 24/7/365 :)

Back