Any Ideas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sight

Hello, I rearranged Tikas cage completely and she LOVES it. But, she isn't peeing in her pee pan any more. She gets every loose toy and puts it in her pee pan, and then manages to pee in completely random places all over the cage now. Anyone have some ideas on how to get her to start peeing back in her pan?

I have been doing the same thing i did to train her to use it the first time: soaking up the pee with shavings and then placing them in her pan and washing down the spot with vinegar. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe she just doesn't like the place you put her pee pan. Can you try moving it around a little, or isn't there enough room? My chins will only use theirs when it is in the corner. Then again, they would pee there if there was no pan...

My girls like to go right under their waterbottle. The area's already wet from the water dripping down from putting it in, getting knocked etc. The waterbottle also happens to be in a corner.

I would also say try moving it maybe and keep putting the already soaked shavings in the pan. Also, take the toys out on a regular basis and maybe even put those in a designated place (like a toy box) If all of that doesn't work...I would say you'll just have to cope with what she chooses...chins are always going to do what they please in the end.

i forgot to mention. it is in the same corner as it was before i did the make over. and she really hasn't picked a corner. the pee seems to be all over the place.

I have a tactic to keep this from being a problem. Chins TYPICALLY pee where they sleep eat or drink so I always have the other three corners occupied with either food, treat bins, hay bins, and hidey houses.

geting a chinchilla to pee in a pan isn't really training the chinchilla as much as it is learning to place the pan where they like to pee....

Back