Any History Buffs Out There?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnShh

I am writing a research battle analysis on the Battle of Little Bighorn. Do any of you know of any sources that talk about what the weather was like during the battle? I need to talk about it if I can find the info but so far no luck.

I might be too late, but do a google search - it seems that weather was bad and casued some delay that changed the course of the battle.

I'm from Montana, though raised in WA and OR but my cousin is a history nut, and active, and friends with a few from Crow Rez. I'll ask her if she knows, and if I hear of anything will get back to you. I bet she's been to a few of the reenactments!

My cousin said she has several books on the subject, been to reenactments, and this is what she had to say....

"Ok, the book that I most reference from is" Keep the last bullet for yourself. by Thomas B. Marquis. I could not find any thing on weather conditions, but as far as they had marched from Garryowen to Busby seems to about 26 miles, with a few rolling hills, So, it seems to me that the weather would have been some what clear.Meaning, no large amounts of rain or snow fall to hinder the charge..

My cousin said she has several books on the subject, been to reenactments, and this is what she had to say....

"Ok, the book that I most reference from is" Keep the last bullet for yourself. by Thomas B. Marquis. I could not find any thing on weather conditions, but as far as they had marched from Garryowen to Busby seems to about 26 miles, with a few rolling hills, So, it seems to me that the weather would have been some what clear.Meaning, no large amounts of rain or snow fall to hinder the charge..

Thank-you so much! The research I've done hasn't reallly come up with anything besides that winter weather delayed their plans. I appreciate your help.

Back