Another poop thread.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall-E Kips

This morning i noticed my chin, Wall-E had soft poops in his cage. Before posting I went through a good amount of poop related threads but I couldn't find an answer cause they all seemed to point to excessive amounts of treats being given or poor quality food. Wall-E is STRICTLY on a no treat diet. All he consumes is fresh Oxbow orchard grass hay, oxbow pellets, and of course fresh water. The consistency of his poos are NOT slimy but can be pinched and flattened. They Have not changed in shape and still retain that "tic tac" form. I'm also aware that chinchillas can become stressed and that can lead to soft poops. There has been no change in his living environment and we are not doing anything near his cage out of the norm, so I don't think it could be stress related? Any answers or explanations as to how I can get his poops back to normal will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

You can try giving him just hay and water for a day or two (no pellets). I would get some timothy hay though, not just the orchard grass. If he's not cleared up by the second day of just hay then take him to the vet. My old man Zoid gets soft poos anytime he's slightly stressed. I had family from out of town over on Monday night, and just having the extra people here caused his poo to get a little soft. He had just hay last night and should be back to normal today.

Latest posts

Back