another pet store story

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerdays

Chin Maid
so i have to stop in them and look at the litter critters, i dont' know why i do, because it alwsays makes me upset.. this was a private pet store and she heard me saying "back yard breeders" referrnig to the dogs, and she was like, my puppies raen't from backyard breeders, etc etc.. blah blah blah.. and she got really offended. oh well,, if the shoe fits... then we started ot talk about chins.. she was saying her other store someone dropped off some cream colored chins.. hmm.. well thats a new color to me.....lol.. then i looked at the one she had, it was in a small cage, with just the plastic dust bath and i told her how dangerous that was. of course she didn't believe, got all mad because i offended ehr again, which i don't care.. but i said to her, so some reserach and you'll see how dangerous plastic is to chins..

ugh.. i walked up wanting to punch a wall...:impatient:

i use the plastic dustbath. aslong as they dont chew on it i dont see a problem

If your plastic dust bath is in the cage 24-7 like most pet stores leave it, you're putting your chin at risk for cracked feet as well as impaction on chewed plastic.

I've had those fights with pet stores. Some turn out better than others. It sounds like that woman's ego outweighs her ability to research, which is sadly too common. Good job saying something about it, though. If we don't try to educate where and when we can, nothing is going to improve.

Back