Another Birthday...Sort Of

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caiti

So today is my birthday (and lauralynne's!!!!) but it's also kind of Chloe's birthday. I got her today a year ago. It was a total coincidence that I got her on my birthday--it was just the first day her previous owner and I could meet up.

Unfortunately Chloe looks like she's being strangled by a pink boa at the moment and has a shaven and stitched up belly (read Cat Attack) so she's probably not enjoying her birthday. But she's decent, eat, drinks, runs around (vet didn't limit her exercise and her cuts look fine) and is pretty much her normal self except whenever she tries to groom herself...she gets quite angry and does one of those heavy sighs that lets you know that if she could, she would maim you in your sleep. She has some side effects, like slightly smaller poo and she is more cautious jumping (because now she has to account for the collar). She seems to be adjusting relatively well and nothing looks too bad. Poor Chloe. When I cleaned her cage out the day after she was attacked to change it to fleece so the shavings wouldn't irritate her skin, I locked her in her carrier in my room and I locked the cat in his room...just in case.

Also unfortunate, my hand-me-down camera quit working so I can't make the 1 year post I always dreamed of (haha). Maybe that's for the best as she's probably not too keen on me following her around with a camera. She already thinks I am the devil for having to put the fleece collar on and adjust it a bunch of times. And just when she can get it off is when I'm leaving for a week vacation (she'll be off her meds and should be fine by then)! She may be angry at me for some time.

Well, happy birthday my Moosh!! We will celebrate when she's better. And doesn't want to murder me in my sleep.

Don't be so down on yourself Caiti. Try to enjoy the last couple of hours of your chinniversary :D and birthday. Make yourself a chocolate milkshake! That always makes me feel better, well that or a glass of wine. I've had a crazy day today so I'm bringing out the big guns and I'll toast to you and Chloe ;))!

:HBballoons4:

Make yourself a chocolate milkshake! That always makes me feel better, well that or a glass of wine. I've had a crazy day today so I'm bringing out the big guns and I'll toast to you and Chloe ;))!

:HBballoons4:

If by make a chocolate milk shake you mean heat up a twice baked potato and if by a glass of wine you mean a guinness, then yes, I just took your advice and it helped. :party: Thanks.
I'm going to relax and watch some SNL on hulu and procrastinate on doing my homework due tomorrow until morning. Cheers, Sandi!! I hope you can relax and unwind from your crazy day, too! :hug4:

Back