Announcement Regarding Me & LifeLine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EskieMom

Hi There Everyone!

We JUST found out that I'm getting a Total Hip Replacement in 5 weeks - We are in a frenzy trying to get the house outfitted and everything else in order.

At some point, I won't be able to fill LifeLine orders for a while. I'm about to make a huge, fresh batch, and I'll sell up until I get too busy before the surgery.
The downtime after this surgery is substantial, so I'm not sure at what point I'll start selling LifeLine again...could be weeks - And that's if all goes well.

IDEALLY - I'd like to see if Brian can help me out with orders a little bit, but he is already going to be doing EVERYTHING...caring for me, the 3 Dogs, keeping up the house, working fulltime...Everything. So I'm not sure what he/we will actually be capable of. I am being told that I won't have the capability to do anything besides Physical Therapy for 2-3 weeks.

I'm going to do my absolute BEST to take orders for as long as I can. When I'm unable to work, I'll take my website down *This means that if you place an order, you WILL receive it*.

The option to buy will only be there when I'm able to provide the product.
The option to buy will NOT be there when I'm NOT able to provide the product.

I'm afraid that this might be the 1st time that someone is going to need LifeLine and I'm not going to be able to provide it. I can't tell you how many times I planned to keep my site down for a few days and ended up putting it right back up again because YOU GUYS REALLY KEEP ME GOING! Thank you ~ I have always been grateful for that!

Here are some hard numbers for you...

Surgery is November 29th
Should be out of the hospital - December 3rd
I can't be left alone for a week after I get out - December 9th
I'm allowed to shower on December 15th

My Website will probably be down from a week before thru 2 weeks after I get out of the hospital (or longer). That would be November 22nd thru December 17th.
--Side Note--

Eventually I will be adding at least one of these products on my website:

Total Meal Replacement containing LifeLine mixed with Ground Pellets -or-

Ground Pellets alone (to be mixed with LifeLine as a meal replacement) -or-

Critical Care (People seem to like to mix LL with CC...I always used fresh ground pellets instead)

See you around!
Dawnna

Thanks for letting us know. When you do have your surgery I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Sending healing thoughts, Dawna! Also, my aunt just had a hip replaced. She was amazed at how much better she felt, and how quickly she healed. I hope the same for you!

Thanks!

Kate, the Doctor said that I might be walking the day after my surgery. I just broke down crying when he said that. It almost seems to good to be true. I'll be using a walking for the 1st few weeks. They are going to teach me how to get up & down stairs before they let me go home.

It's very exciting to think about!!!

Dawnna

Best of luck Dawnna, I'll be placing an order soon. I have several friends and family members who have gone through the surgery with excellent results. Sending warm wishes and prayers for a quick recovery!

I think it is wonderful how you are thinking of us and our needs, but make sure you take the time to take care of yourself and get better! We want you going up and down those stairs without the fear of falling in the future!

Dawna, we will have you in our prayers. Hopefully, all goes well for you. My husband had both hips replaced at the same time and they had him up on his feet 2 days after the surgery. He only took a couple of steps, but that was better than staying in bed for weeks. From what his doctor told us, these days, most doctors prefer to get you on your feet ASAP.

I wish nothing but the best for you on a successful surgery, and speedy recovery! Try to take it easy if you can, and let others help you! That is easier said than done, been there done that! (((hugs))))

Hey I work in a sub-acute rehab facility and we get total hip replacements every day. Many people get up and on their feet the next day and function back to normal within two weeks tops. Yes there are obviously precautions and walkers for a bit, but it is now an extremely routine surgery.

I have no doubts that youll be fine! I see it everyday :)

Thanks!

Kate, the Doctor said that I might be walking the day after my surgery. I just broke down crying when he said that. It almost seems to good to be true. I'll be using a walking for the 1st few weeks. They are going to teach me how to get up & down stairs before they let me go home.

It's very exciting to think about!!!

Dawnna

My aunt was the same way. Every time someone stopped by in the weeks after the surgery she would walk around to show them how mobile she was. It was just unbelievable to her, she couldn't have been more thrilled. I think you will be so happy you had the surgery. Of course that doesn't mean you shouldn't stock up on plenty of books, magazines and movies, and allow yourself to be taken care of for a few! Take care and let us know how you're doing. :))

To keep things lighthearted, you'll know youre on the way to recovery when you just CANT WAIT to get in that shower.

I remove staples from hips and knees everyday. The fast healers always are gunning for the water, lol.
And please dont strangle your ortho nurse....we're annoying for a reason after surgery.

Best of luck on your surgery and recovery. I had a total hip replacement almost 4 years ago. I was off work 3 months, but felt great afterward. My husband was a big help.

Gosh you guys! I had no idea that there were so much posts to this thread!! Thank you for your thoughts and well wishes Nan, David, Brittany, Suzanne, Cornellia, Twilight, Ashley, Samantha, & Crazy!

Jenn said:
I think it is wonderful how you are thinking of us and our needs, but make sure you take the time to take care of yourself and get better! We want you going up and down those stairs without the fear of falling in the future!
Jenn, You are so kind. That is the most generous thing anyone could have possibly said to me! Thank you for that :heart5:

Kate, I definitely want to collect as much entertainment as possible! Brian says that he'll hand me an animal to hold whenever I want - It really doesn't get any better than that, right?:flowers9:

Magic, I get to take a shower on December 15th - I have the feeling that it's going to be a LONG 2 weeks!

Marie ~ Good for you! I am extremely grateful that Brian (hubby) is so set on doing everything for me. In fact, I've been doing EVERYTHING for him that I can think of just to "pre-thank" him for all he is about to do for me. We're total slaves to each other...maybe if I can walk, I can catch up a little bit for all he's done for me over the years. (whew, that brought tears to my eyes).

Lynn ~ You're welcome! And thank you : )

I appreciate all of your posts everyone! :thanks2:
Dawnna

:update: 1 Week To Go!!! It looks like I'll be able to get orders out right up until my surgery date (11-29-11). I am doing Really well with getting orders out...I'm actually pretty proud of myself. After my surgery, with some help, I MIGHT be able to get "LifeLine-Only" orders sent out. I thought these weeks would FLY by because I've had so much work to do. But on the contrary, this wait is excruciating, lol!

My 'To Do List' is absolutely daunting, but I'm getting SO many requests for Meal Replacement that I'm trying to make time for it. A mix of FRESH, High Quality pellets + LifeLine. The only thing keeping Lifeline from being a Perfect meal replacement is the lack of the proper amount of Fiber. The Vitamin C Complex is perfect for Cavies. It's all Ascorbate, so it doesn't upset the tummy like Ascorbic can.

*****Christmas Gifts*****I'm going to temporarily add a handmade 'toy' to my website for gift giving...
It will consist of a mix of BEAUTIFUL Bluegrass Hay, Sisel knots, Willow wood, a small amount of Blue Cloud Dust & LifeLine inside of a brown paper bag. That has always been my most favorite way to boost morale in the Herd! It's noisy, they can go inside of it, jump on top of it, and they will popcorn all over the place like little maniacs!

I'm going to make as many as I possibly can this week & have them ready to go so that I can send out orders very quickly. Your Chinchillas (or any small animal) will LOVE them!

All Special International PACKAGES - "Package #1", "#2", "#3", "#4" , & "#5" - will be shipped Global Express until the date that I can't work anymore.

If I've forgotten anything, or if you have any requests, please let me know!

Thanks!
Dawnna

Hope all goes well with your surgery and you have a speedy recovery!! Your Lifeline was a bit part of helping Chico add almost a year to his life, so I want to thank you again for your help!!

Back