Anniversary ideas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zie

I'm writing this at 2:30 in the morning (...lol....) and it just kinda hit me...

Not only is it officially me and my fiance's 4th Anniversary today, but...I don't have a single thing for him.

Aaron started working in a warehouse about two weeks ago, and boooy, he is worn out. And not only worn out, but depressed because we just went from seeing each other almost everyday for the last four years, to seeing each other twice these past two weeks.

And there is a reason for that.

Aaron is working ALMOST 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. He gets up at 3:45 - 4 in the morning and gets ready, leaves the house at 5, and clocks in at 6. And he then doesn't get home until around 4-5 in the afternoon. He basically calls me, lets me know he's home safe, watches some TV, showers, eats, then falls asleep at anywhere between 8-9.

His days off are Sunday and Monday, and on Sunday he sleeps in and hangs out with a friend. Then Sunday is me and him time.

Which means we don't get to celebrate our anniversary until a week later, almost. And today, he said this to me, "Kenz, on Sunday, me and you are going out for a huge dinner, ok? We'll go to Texas Roadhouse, (my favourite, hehe) and then head out in St. Louis and just run all over and do whatever. You pick the places, and we'll go there. We can go to the St. Louis Mills Mall and go Go-Kart like you want too. ""

I darn near cried! And I haven't got a SINGLE thing for him! And I don't have the slightest idea as to what to do! I can't cook a dinner for him (I HATE HATE HATE cooking, and he loves it when I cook for him) because obviously, we're going out to eat. I've made little arts and crafts things for him before in the past numerous times, and has gotten...you know...kinda old. He's doing all this for me, and now I feel bad.

One thing I know he'd love is if I came over and surprised him with a nice back-rub. According to him, my teeny tiny hands work miracles on him. Hehehe. That's one thing I can do, but I still don't think it's enough.

Anyone got ideas for what I could do?

And kudos to anyone who reads all this. I know, I talk too much.

What does he need for work? Gloves? Socks? Shoes/supports? What about a heater/massager for his car/truck seat on the ride home? Pick one.

How does he relax when he's done with work? Video games? Music? Pick one.

Then, if you've got the spare $, throw together a basket with some massage tools (oil, lotion, those rolley things, an inexpensive book on basic massage, stuff that will make it easier on you to pamper him), maybe a nice fleecy blanket to snuggle when you're not around, and take that with you Sunday.

Hm. New shoes! LOL. He's worn the soles out of his current pair for work. Maybe some steel toed boots that FIT him.

He usually watches an Anime that he just downloads while he's at work, and he just recently bought a Wii, so he's set to go on those for awhile.

Ooooo, massage tools....now that, he might like. He's a built-like-a-tank hairy kinda scary guy (though short, hehe...), but give him something good smelly and he's happy as can be. LOL. He also squeals at cute fuzzy things.

OMG. Build-a-Bear! He made me do the silly stuff for my bear. I can get revenge! HAHA. And a no-sew fleece blanket with kittens and puppies on it. Omg, I'm gonna go nuts with this, now. LOL. xD

New Cd's, maybe a nice/sexy picture of you. Why don't you cook some stuff that can be frozen which he can re-heat when you're not around. You can make ahead pancakes, waffles, and french toast. And homemade mac-n-cheese, spaggehti, lasagna, roasted chicken. Um let me know if you want more help with the cooking idea, K? Theresa

One thing my boyfriend got me 4 years ago, which I STILL use EVERYDAY, is a personalized coffee thermos. Its from Starbucks and then he took it to Things Remembered and got my name engraved on the middle front, and "Love, David" on the lower back. It doesn't yell out mushy, gooshy, too cute, other's will laugh at you. Its simple, sweet and I loved it more than anything since I'm such a coffee addict and he put a lot of thought into it. :)

It sort of looks like:
http://yerbamate.cc/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/TaraguicomBig.jpg

This is the exact one, but its hard to see in the picture:
http://www.starbucksstore.com/images/products/shprodde/569823.jpg

I'd say look for something that is "him", sort of like the coffee thermos is "me". Its really special, and it means so much.

Latest posts

Back