Android help, please

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

ZooKeeper
I have a Samsung Android phone and I can access Wi Fi at any location except when I am at home. We have 2 computers and a tv that use internet access, but my phone does not seem to be recognized. Please excuse me, but I am a novice when it comes to this.

When I go to the Wi Fi settings on my phone, and try to add the home network, I may get one of several notices: Obtaining IP Address; Remembered, secured with WEP, Connecting, followed by Disconnected, or Not In Range. My phone shows the Wi Fi icon with a lock symbol on it.

I have tried everything - at least it seems that way - and am frustrated I can't get Wi - Fi at home. Do I need to change a setting on the computer? Do I need to reset the router? What do I need to do to access my internet at home on my phone.

Thank you for any help :)

So you're trying to "Add Network" and under the lists of networks it has a Wifi symbol + lock next to your houses Wifi?
If you click on your houses Wifi, does it prompt you to enter a password? What happens then?

This same thing happened to my husband. We had to buy a new router, but as we sit here and talk he recommends rebooting your router.

Lisa

Yay!!! I rebooted the router and now have wi fi available on my android. Thank you so so so much for your help!

Latest posts

Back