Andie's New Home

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovespekes

Finally finished Andie's new home. Special thanks to JessiLynn for the inspiration. The pictures of her cages inspired me to get to work on Andie's and add some new and hopefully fun features.

We brought Andie into our home two months ago. Found him in a local online ad. His cage had nothing but two plastic shelves, water bottle, and a dish for food. Barebones to say the least.

Bought the Fiesty Ferret cage and finally finished jazzing it up. Took out the middle divider, added homemade shelves, a Chin Spin, some new toys, and a couple of fleece items that I made. Hopefully he will now have a nice life in and out of his cage;)

You may notice we have lined the foyer, where his cage is located, with cardboard so he has a big area to run during playtime without worry of him chewing up the baseboards:dance3:

Attachments

• cage1-6-13.jpg
    cage1-6-13.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 286
:)Thanks everyone for the compliments. I am really happy that I was able to build a fun place for Andie to live. He deserves it

chefscott, I used cheap ceramic tiles from Home Depot. I took out the wire bottom and replaced it with a piece of wood. The tiles are glued on with wood glue, then grouted. Makes for very easy clean up and Andie loves laying on the cool floor after playing :)

I love your organised jars on the bottom. What size are they? I was going to get a bunch of little rubbermaid tupperwares, but I'm liking your idea better! Where did you get them? Also, how much did it cost to redo your floor in ceramic tiles? Love your cage! Great job!

I love your organised jars on the bottom. What size are they? I was going to get a bunch of little rubbermaid tupperwares, but I'm liking your idea better! Where did you get them? Also, how much did it cost to redo your floor in ceramic tiles? Love your cage! Great job!

Thank you so very much for the compliment! The jars are cheap plastic ones that I bought at Wal Mart They probably hold about 2 quarts. I do have a big rubbermaid container behind the ones you see in front that holds his hay.

For the floor I bought cheap tiles from Home Depot. I think they were about $2.00 each and I need 6. I cut a piece of plywood for the base floor, and used wood glue to hold down the tiles. I also found a tube of grout at Lowe's that I used for the grout lines.....may $7. So I'd say maybe $20 in all to do the floor. And Andie loves the tile floor since it's always nice and cool.:dance3:

That's an awesome cage set up! I'm working on changing some of our cages around a little when their little ledges and fleece half ledges get here. :))

Back