And the healing continues...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Super chin!
Well as many of you may know I lost my youngest chinchilla, Timber, almost 2 months ago. I was completely blind-sided by it and I was devastated. But with the help of this wonderful community I took your suggestions and let my other chinchillas help heal me...and they did help, but now here I am struggling again. 3 weeks ago I find out my aunt (who is also my godmother) has lung cancer. I thought she would go through the treatments to beat it like she did with her ovarian cancer, but on Monday I found out she was being admitted to a hospice care center. I visited her Tuesday and struggled throughout the entire visit to be strong. It was awful seeing her like that. 3 weeks ago she could talk, walk, eat....and when I saw her it was all the complete opposite. I'm at such a loss. I can't believe I won't be spending another holiday at her house for our secret santa gift exchange. I'm so torn and so upset. This has just been such an awful week for me even more so because I know eventually...maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....but eventually I will be getting that phone call that she is gone. :( :cry3:

I am so sorry you are going through this. My grandfather died in 2006 from lung cancer. It was a horrible thing to watch. He was as strong as ever at 83 years old when he was diagnosed. He went to the emergency room with back pain. Turned out the ER doctor told him he had lung cancer. We were all pretty mad because we thought, "How could this guy just ASSUME something like this without doing tests?!" They did the tests and turned out he did indeed have lung cancer. This was in May and he died in the beginning of September. It was so quick. He did the whole chemotherapy thing, but it was too far progressed. He only had home hospice care for two days before he died. We were all there when he finally took his last breath.

I understand what you're going through. It is so hard and my heart goes out to you and your family. Try to spend as much time with her as you can, even though her eyes may be closed and she isn't responding to you when you're there (this was the case with my grandpa towards the end) she KNOWS you are there for her. She will sense and be comforted. Praying for you and your family. :(

Latest posts

Back