An Update on Speedy (warning due to injury pics)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterLover86

I meant to fill you guys in, but I have been keeping in touch with Speedy's mom since she brought him back home. At the time, it was still unkown whether he would need surgery to remove his injured eye or not.

Since photobucket was not working for me at the time, these are pictures of Speedy when he came to stay with me, they are a bit graphic...

He looks a little rough here, but this is his good side. He normally would get regular baths, but hadn't been able to bathe because of his injury
P6040460.jpg

He was such a good boy with his medicine and his CC, a perfect patient!
P6040455.jpg

"I still love my scritches!"
P6040475.jpg

"And I got lots of them!"
P6040471.jpg

Close-up of his injury:
P6040473.jpg

Now...for some happy news! A couple weeks ago, I sent Speedy's mom a message on facebook, and got this in reply:

"Hi Ellen, Speedy is doing very well. He finally got a bath and he was one happy guy! We left it in there for awhile and must have taken 8 baths.
His eye looks really good, almost like nothing happened. He blinks it and has it open most of the time. It is a little smaller but that's it. He can see some shadows and light which is good too. We are going to Philly next week and my neighbor is going to feed him because he's eating on his own. Thank you again for all you did for him, he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you!"

I know everyone that heard about Speedy was so sweet and wishing him well, I just wanted you all to know that Speedy recovered and is a happy healthy chinchilla! =) I couldn't be happier with how things turned out, to see this little guy go from being on death's door, to being safe and healthy just makes me so happy. =)

Ellen thank you for the update on Speedy. I was hoping he'd heal and be ok. This is great news!

Thanks for the update. I am so happy to hear that he is making such a wonderful recovery.

Latest posts

Back