American Pet Diner timmy pellets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swallace

I haven't been on the up and up on chin nutrition, but browsing through the forums I haven't seen anyone recommend APD pellets anymore. When I did my initial research for a quality pellet on the old forums, it was one of the top recommended pellets. Is it generally accepted that this is not a good pellet anymore? I see a lot of people recommending PANR or Oxbow, are those the top choices? Money is not a concern for me as I only have 1 chin, and I want to give him the best feed possible.

Here is the nutritional info:
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7973&postcount=12

I didn't realize that there was so many other ingredients...

Thanks.
-Scott

The best feed possible is subjective. What I think is the best, you may not. You need to pick a good quality food that is easy for you to get and that your chin does well on. I use Nutrena. It's readily available and it's working well for me. Others use Tradition for the same reason.

You'll never get a straight up answer on this one, because different people like different feeds and will usually recommend the one that works the best for them. Any of the top feeds, Nutrena, Tradition, APD, Oxbow, Mazuri, PANR, are good feeds. Find the one that is closest to you, that is affordable, and go with it.

Latest posts

Back