American Pet Diner Hay instead of Oxbow

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustbunnies

Mama of Pepper and Bunny
My local stores hold onto hay until it is brown. I have been buying Oxbow hay (finding bags that were suitably green), but it seems my babies are losing interest in it. Bunny picks through it and knocks it out of the bowl. Pepper likes pellets (Oxbow) more to begin with but has had even less interest in hay. I bought some orchard grass to mix in with it and they like it for a bit. Every place only sells crappy brands or Oxbow....I was thinking about ordering from American Pet Diner.

Has anyone had any problems ordering from American Pet Diner? I hate buying something I can't look at first, but I need to find hay they will eat! Has anyone gotten stuck with moldy hay, brown hay, hay with bus or other bad stuff from ordering from them?

Also, do you get the gold and the high fiber to balance out leaves and stalks?

Oh, my God -- that is my new favorite hay!!!

Kleenmama's has been out of 2nd cut timothy for a while, and my Oxbow has been pretty crappy lately, so I gave them a try, since I had heard that other members on the forum liked it.

I got 5 pounds of 2nd cut timothy and 5 pounds of mountain grass. It arrived very quickly, was very fresh-smelling and green, was nicely packaged and the boys LOVE it!!!

I say order it!!! :thumbsup:

l

I am leaning that way! Just want to scope out for any "bad hay" anyone got. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Sure is pricey though! I just want 5 lbs of Timothy for my 2 chins...cost plus shipping is $24!

Well crap...tried to order and the said my billing address didn't match my credit card, but it did...but they charged my card anyway! It will take week for that "pending" transaction to be back in my account....I only had enough for that and one other thing I am getting from someone else. Sony did that to me when I got my computer....told me something was wrong with the information....but "authorized" the card each time....$1400 x 3!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can't get the hay. Meanies.

Latest posts

Back