Amazon 30 day Price Guarantee!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tati121

Last week, I bought Watson an FN 142 from Amazon and the total with taxes ended up being $216, a few days later I saw that some members on here had gotten it for a much cheaper price ($156 w/o tax and free shipping) and I was livid :hair:!!! Well I was just complaining about my predicament to GorillaJTA and he sent me this nifty article! I called the number, hit the extension and was promptly directed to a customer service rep. I asked about their 30 day price guarantee and was informed that it only applied to large TV's. I told them that the price of the cage had changed by $50 in a matter of days and he put me on hold "to see what he could do" about 2 minutes later he comes back and he tells me he's going to credit my card the difference ($42.65) and that it should post to my bank account within 3 business days. The entire phone call lasted about 6 minutes!! :dance3:

He tried to grill me about where I got my information and where I had read that they offered a price guarantee and I simply told him a friend had forwarded me the information. Don't try to let them throw you off their scent!!!

Thanks Jer!!! :youman:

ETA: This is the e-mail I just received from Amazon:

Hello Tatiana,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Midwest 142 Ferret Nation Double-Level Ferret Cage. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

However, I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $42.65. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

More information on our pricing policies can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=468502

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1HU8MCFOQJNVG&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1HU8MCFOQJNVG&k=hn

Best regards,

Ronnie B.
http://www.amazon.com
=============================

I don't know how much of an exception it was though...:hmm:

Last edited:
Congrats!! I'm so glad that the price on amazon is still staying at $156!! I hope everyone who wanted a FN will jump on this deal before it changes back!!

I have to say thanks Tati, because I just ordered a FN for my Tribble!! He is in a cheapy superpet cage right now and I curse everytime I have to clean it. LOL.

I had a $118 Amazon gift card, so I had to pay a grand total of $38! :D Thanks for making me aware of this deal :)

Last edited:
I have to say thanks Tati, because I just ordered a FN for my Tribble!! He is in a cheapy superpet cage right now and I curse everytime I have to clean it. LOL.

I had a $118 Amazon gift card, so I had to pay a grand total of $38! :D Thanks for making me aware of this deal :)

You're welcome!!! I don't know who's happier about the new cage, me or Watson haha. Make sure you get bass pans or some other sort of poop guard though, I was SEVERELY underestimating how aerodynamic poop was until I found some 6ft from the cage :wacko:

Last edited:
Nice! and Pik holy cow you only had to spend a little over $40 that is awesome! I wish I had more room so I could buy another one and fill it with more chins!

Nice! and Pik holy cow you only had to spend a little over $40 that is awesome! I wish I had more room so I could buy another one and fill it with more chins!

Slow your horses there Laur! Nubs will be coming home soon won't he? Spoil him with your love first!

Yes, poop is very aerodynamic. LOL.. I was just in the room with the chinnies and Tia started jumping around and I could hear little poops dropping from the cage. YAY.. more mess for me :D

Now that I am gonna have two FN's in one room, I am gonna have to reoraganize a bit. That room isn't quite ready for it. :p

Latest posts

Back