Air Purifier Question...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondeangel

I just decided to get a tower air purifier for my bedroom, which is where my chins are located. I didn't have too many choices in its location and decided to try it out near the doorway which happens to be about 20 inches away from two of my chins cage. As soon as I turned it on they ran down to the bottom level of the cage and just stood against the cage bars, eyes shut, taking in the "fresh" air pushing out of the purifier. I swore I saw smiles on their faces hah. My question being is this ok to be relatively close to the cage like it is?

I was thinking the same thing. im going to put my little guy in the living room when i get a bigger cage but m bf smokes. were going to keep it in the bedroom and want to get a purifier but will it actually help him or harm him?

I'm buying a purifier tomorrow. The fresh air shouldn't hurt them, especially considering that many people vacuum in the cages and the chins play with the vacuum.
I'm mostly curious what kind of purifier people are getting. I have a gift card to Lowe's so I'm a little limited in what kind I can get, but what do other's think?

I have been using the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze air purifiers (two of them) for a couple years in the chin area and they don't seem to mind. I like that it does a great job of catching the dust fines and old fur....but i can clean it out once or twice a week and don't have to buy new filters Definitely helps cut down on dust everywhere else in the house :)

Back